Paradise Lost

by Perry 20 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Perry, that was just an incredible post. I've never paused to think about this. But, now that I do, it reminds me of how the WTS always harped on how bad worldly entertainment is because of all the negative and spiritually downgrading content. And here they're putting exactly the same stuff into the minds of their own followers. Classic hypocrisy.

Thanks,

Craig

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

I never really realised before the impression these sorts of pics have on a child, not being a parent myself, it must take away the innocence far too early. It's so subliminal, and so carefully orchestrated.

Like the song goes: You've got to be taught, before it's too late, before you are 6, or 7, or 8, to hate all the things your relatives hate, you've got to be carefully taught, you've got to be carefully taught!

*** From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained (book) 1958 pp.208-209 *** From Jehovahs witnesses quotes site.

Hate MONGERS! Thanks for spoiling my childhood WTS!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Giz. Youre the best.

I havent seen those pictures in a long time. Gawd almighty......

• freedom96
    freedom96

Wow!! That was very strange looking at all those pictures. Flashback to some memories I really didn't think I wanted to look back on.

Some of those pictures are so long ago, but amazingly still vivid in my mind. I recall them exactly. How scary is that? When you really think about it, those pictures are horrible. I must have been in grade school when I saw those.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

That was the first book I ever studied, I now know exposure to the above as a child has only had a disastrous affect on how I have viewed life.

Children need positive pictures of life, HOPE, LOVE, GOODNESS, Not Violence, hatred, and fear as the above pics so vividly depict.

The real world is sometimes bad enough and as a child we need to remain innocent and have Joy not exposed to manipulative pics as the above, why did we have to grow up so quickly. Look at that little girl in the hole with a puppy, No wonder I was a miserable Child and have turned into a miserable adult.

This has brought back so many painful memories, that needed to be brought to the surface.

I know my parents meant well, of that I have NO DOUBTS, it's not their fault, they were victims as much as any of us here.

Thanks Perry

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks Gizmo for scanning those. As bad as the pictures are, the text is even worse. After describing in detail the many different ways people will be murdered, the survivors (good little kids) have this to look forward to:

"....the bodies will be like...fertilizer on the ground". p210. par. 29

"To all surviving flesh, the dead bodies will be disqusting, hateful things. Worms will not stop swarming over the millions of bodies until the last body is eaten up". - p. 210 par. 31

Can you imagine Jesus saying such things as he coddled the children in Israel? What a hateful, death oriented little cult we all used to belong to!

Edited by - Perry on 18 January 2003 4:57:17

• Perry
    Perry

BTW, is it just me or does the guy in the picture with the ground opening up look a little like Elvis with his famous hip gyrations? In 1958, he would have definitely been view as worthy of destruction.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Perry,

Nope, it's not just you, you're dead right. That fellow is a lot like a young Elvis.

ig.

Edited to add... You have to admire Elvis' professionalism here. He's falling into the fiery gehenna, but he's still performing! Now that's star quality!

Edited by - iggy_the_fish on 18 January 2003 9:9:5

• Gopher
    Gopher

Perry, that does look like The KING! He looks "all shook up" in this picture (sorry).

But of course Armageddon was to have happened in 1975, 2 years before Elvis' physical death. So he was SPIRITUALLY dead in 1975. HOWEVER, since he didn't survive alive until the PHYSICAL Armageddon, he obviously will be resurrected by God into the New Order to thrill millions of New Order women.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Excellent post, Perry.

Truly chilling pictures, I never realized just how much they shaped my thinking.

Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit