she's reading "C OF C"

by mackey 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Mackey,

I so hope you can really save her!

Thing to remember is she will be affected by her time as a JW for the remainder of her life. This is a battle that takes a lifetime to fight.

When I was divorced a friend who is a marriage counselor told me that for every year in the marriage I would need 2 years to heal. This did not include set backs that occur from having to see him now and again due to having children. In the beginning of the divorce every time I saw him was a set back in healing. NOW every time I see him it is such a relief to know I am not and never will be his wife again!

My point is being a Jw is like being married. Your Religion is your life! This will be like a divorce for her. She will learn of lies and deceptions. She will learn of their Spiritual Cheating. The pain could be immense!

You both will need things to do to replace meetings and service for a time until she can be happy relaxing and sitting still.

When I 1 st was dissfellowshipped I still carried WT literature everywhere with me and informal witnessed! Maybe join a Health Club together and attend 3 times a week. lol

You shared, About ten years ago my brother's apartment was broken into by jw's a day after showing up at his door step......Great crowd my ass.

There are good and bad people everywhere. Jehovahs Witnesses are no different in this respect. The main bad guys among JWs though are the Hierarchy who make all the rules in the 1 st place.

Please, keep us informed and do if you can introduce her to us here at the forum.

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

May The Force Be With You My young Paduan

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 17 January 2003 17:59:0

• Shakita
    Shakita

That's great!

Give her time to let it all sink in. Some of the info in the book can be upsetting.

Good Luck to you both!

Mrs. Shakita

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Every now and then ask her a couple of questions from the book.

*** What the deal with this "Faithful and Discrete Slave thing"?

*** Why does he make a big deal about joining the UN?

*** How come the Witnesses were attacked in Malawi?

• mackey
    mackey

I really appreciate all the advice and support you guy's have given me. It's calmed a lot of the fears I had in giving her these books because they're probably my only hope of getting her out. God forbid if things don't work out ( I know in my heart they will), I'm considering becoming a witness then immediatly get disfellowed so I can come on this board and bitch (LOL). I hold no grudge against witnesses in general.They are innocent victims in my eyes. It's the higher-ups that are the source of my frustration.

Edited by - mackey on 17 January 2003 19:11:10

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

COC will lead to new topics for discussion. hope it all works out for you as it's a huge factor in your life to be unified about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit