Hello I'm Finally Here

by bowels 25 Replies latest jw friends

• bowels
    bowels

Hello to all.

I have been here reading and reading for the past 6 months. I am finally taking the plundge and joining in. A little about me:

3rd generation dub. Former MS and Pioneer for a year and was in process of being appointed an Elder (gave several public talks) when I started the fade. Still technically "in" but down to about one meeting or less a month. I just got tired of the micro-management of every aspect of a person's life. I mean, a conscience ??? I hate to see people criticized when they use their consciences and another person makes an issue because it's not what he or she would have done in the same situation. And blaming the R&F for everything just ticks me off. And the UN ... and ... and ....

The majority of my family is in the New York and the New England area but I moved to the Southeast a couple of years ago (Sorry about not going into more details at this time but you understand I don't want to get the family involved yet). I guess I'm at less than one meeting a month and blame it on my job when asked (I do travel alot for work).

I was divorced from my ex (she DA'd about 5 years ago, just wanted out of the borg, and told the elders that she cheated so that I could remarry without a problem).

I am a very active person (a tad over 40) and love to dance, travel, etc. The sisters I knew just seemed soooo very boring and not at all interesting, at least in the things I like to do. And yes, when I do go out at night, it makes me happy to see the person I'm with look GOOD, not like my grandmother dresses.

I will explain more on another post but I met a lovely Columbian woman (Catholic) and yes, a little over a year ago, got married (all very quietly). We really love each other. We have been respectful of each others beliefs but have basically blended our lives together. So it's presents at Christmas but without the tree and decorations everywhere, etc.

I must say, that my perspective has changed so much. Her family has been wonderful to me. They even came from Columbia (along with 10 of her friends) for our wedding. I really feel their love. I wish I could share my feelings with my family the way she can with hers but we know that doesn't work. The time for me to tell my family will come later. They know however that I miss a lot of meetings and not really active in the service.

I must say that the last year has been wonderful! I am truly in love. By the way, now, when we talk about 69, the first thing that comes to mind is NOT the year of the International District Assembly in New York City! (Sorry, I couldn't resist that one).

Anyway, back to work. Thank you again everyone.

His first post,

Bowels

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Welcome my man. Any particular reason for the nic!!! Just thought I'd ask. You are going to find so much info here that it will blow you away. And it aint all good. But you know what to do with the BS.

Love your story and I'm sure many can relate and many can help. Look forward to hearing from you in other post. Glad you are here.

Diamond

• Jesika
    Jesika

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more from you and say hi to the wife for us.

LOL @ 69 comment, too funny, and I know what ya mean.

Jesika

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hi Bowels! (H' lower Bowels?)

Good to see you get it out of your system!

WELCOME!!!

Spanner

• email
    email

BOWELS!!

WELCOME To the board!!! Glad to have you here

You're funny... and congrats on your marriage!!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome bowels!

You're gunna love it here! Congrats on getting a life!

Katie

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Welcome!! I'm a little confused on the 69 reference..what do you mean? Are you referring to the song "summer of 69"?

• Mac
    Mac

Welcome Bowels! Thanks for having the "guts" to tell us a little bit about yourself!

mac, of the intestinal fortitude class

• bowels
    bowels

Diamond, the "nic" is ... well ... like Spanner noted ... just have to get some things out of my system.

And Truthseeker, you're right, exactly right! ... my reference to "69" is about the the song "summer of 69" ...

you're exactly right .. I'm glad you got it ... Thanks for noting that.

• truthseeker1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit