Back in Houston

by gilwarrior 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Look at LV as a small chapter in your life and now you are starting a new one.

There's no place like home. Good luck on your job search.

bd

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Hello everyone! Well, I am going to start my cab training class on Monday and it will last four days. Hopefully, I'll hear about an accounting job soon. My goal right now is to get an accounting job, do that on weekdays, do well driving a cab, and do that on the weekends. In about three months I hope to move out of my parents house and into an apartment. Also at the end of next month I will go back to Vegas and bring back the rest of my stuff. Perhaps I'll put it in a storage place. Then I hope to get better clothes, meet new people, and get one of those mini satillite dishes in my apartment. Oh, and I hope to come to Apostofest in March.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey GilWarrior, I can tell you this. I trained in the medical field (10 years ago). Passed all my courses, got my papers/license etc., and you know what I ended up doing: working in a bar.

BUT...you know what? Despite my education etc., I actually enjoy working in a bar. In fact, it's the BEST job I have ever had. Seriously, and I'm going on 41 now.

Driving a taxi, hey...it may be something you'll be OK with, or simply a temporary thing.

Seems to be loads of stuff happening in your life, but that's OK. Over time, you'll eventually figure out what's gonna rock for you.

There are loads of people in professions that they hate. Yet, they remain. Sounds like you are one not to be tamed. Good way to be.

I have a feeling you are a very multi-talented/faceted person. Eventually, you'll find the job/position, that's right for you. When you do, you'll totally know it. Who'd've thought I'd be working in a bar? I went to university/college etc., but it did not prepare me for the real world; nor did being a JW either. But you just have to wing it, and see what comes.

Be safe, and look after yourself. If driving taxi for now is a means to an end for now, so be it, but I'm sure you'll figure it all out, and find something that will satisfy you completely.

In the meantime, take it easy, and all the best. Buy a lottery ticket now and again, you just never know .

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Note to self: Must remember to buy lottery tickets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit