Hi and thanks from calamityjane

by calamityjane 11 Replies latest jw friends

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hi everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome. Yes my husband has been trying to get me off OOPS!! I mean on here for a long time. Now that he has, I think he's sorry now . I had to rush to work this morning just so that I could post this, I feel like an obsessive compulsive.

Stephanus asked which calamityjane I am . I am "an accident waiting to happen" I got that name years ago and it has followed me into adulthood. My husband just cringes when I tell these stories but they are good ones, because it involves him. Two years ago, January, we were at a sleigh ride of course there is the usual jostling and throwing of people off the sleigh into the snow. Well when it came my turn xjw tried to throw me off, he came with me I landed sideways on his boot and broke two ribs. I had x-rays done at the time but they couldn't find any broken ribs, I was having so much trouble with it that finally in May of the doctor finally did a bone scan and found that I had two broken ribs.

And now you have to know the "rock" story. Craig and Katie, I think he will start stalking me after this story Here goes "dear". That same year with the broken ribs, its now Thanksgiving (October up here) I'm healed from the rib incident. We have a family ritual,where every thanksgiving weekend we go out to a favourite park take a family picture in the same place (so over the years its gone from the two of us, to three kids and then two dogs) and then the usual walk on one of the hiking trails. Well this particular day xjw decided he was going to spook the kids so he was throwing rocks into the bush, which made it seem like some wild animal was following us. We had the dogs with us so I wasn't worried. So close to the end of the walk we're walking down this hill, he's about to throw this rock and my son was just turning around at the time, so of course he didn't want to be found out so he tossed the rock (the size of a large grapefruit) well guess what! it ricocheted off a tree and hit me smack in the back of the head. Knocked me right off my feet and out cold. He thought he killed me He rushed me to emergency. All was fine I had a nasty concussion and had to take most of the week off of work.

Now what are the odds of that happening, only to me, calmityjane.

A note to "siegswife" - yes there is something wrong with you if you didn't have impure thoughts with my husband's catchy subject line.

A note to "found" - no you wouldn't scare me off this site, I'm hooked and loving it. I hope we can be of help to others that join.

And "Mulan" - I think you're a cool mom, I wish I had a mom like you.

Also those apostafests sound like a great time. I'd love to have one near us or even in our area. I'd love to meet you all, you sound like such a great bunch. I love the humour. Laughter is good for the soul.

TTYL. LOL calamityjane. "I know I'm going to get a phone call soon from xjw" I have call display at work, so maybe I'll ignore him. hee. hee.

• Lin
    Lin

LOL, Hi and welcome to the board. Great stories! It is definitely addicting coming here, so be careful not to develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome! LOL

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

LMAO@the rock story!

true tales are much better than fiction.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hi Lin. Thanks. Don't have carpal tunnel syndrome yet, but my eyeballs are about to fall out from lack of blinking. So much to read on the board, so little time.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Welcome Calamity! What a great name! I am much like you: if it can be run into, fallen off, fallen into, fallen on.. well, I'll do it. Don't slip and call me Grace! heheehe

CG

• Princess
    Princess

Hi there! Great stories, not many wives have a concussion story they can tell with a smile. I hope you can come to our apostafest sometime. We have only had one officially (August 2002) but we plan to make it an annual event. Honestly, we have one everytime the whole family gets together. How cool is that?

Rachel

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Excuse Me.

I think I have to clear up, what could become a misconception.

Calamityjane's stories may give the impression here, that all the incidents could be attributed to her loving hubby. The truth must be told.

Yes I admit I contibuted to the aforementioned accidents, however calamityjane received her nickname long before I even met her. It was given to her by her father at a young age. Why?

OK class...can everyone say A c c i d e n t P r o n e .

Very Good. Yes it is true.

Why use a ladder, when you can balance yourself between the night table and the headboard ? [ NO, nothing kinky this time].

Why walk down the stairs when you can slide down on your butt, one step at a time.

Watch out for that cupboard door !

" Who left the dishwasher door open ? "

Who needs a lid on the blender?

Yes that element is still hot.

And oven gloves....those are for wimps!

Well I could go on, but I think you get the drift.

Thank goodness I live in a province that covers health care, or I would be a poor man.

P.S. What is 10, 9, 8, 7 ,6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ?

Answer: Bo Derek getting older

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

That is so cruel, dear. How do you moon somebody on this site? And yes there are stories to all his points. I luv you too dear. I'll see you at home.

Edited by - calamityjane on 17 January 2003 12:2:41

• Jesika
    Jesika

LOL

You two sound like you have a wonderful relationship (even with all the oppses---if that is a word).

Glad you both could make it here.

Jesika

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome again calamityjane! Great stories, families are so cool when you can laugh at/with each other. As far as cyber-stalking yes onacruse and I are guilty of that and we have fun with it even though it probably gets anoying when we hijack someone otherwise serious thread.

So you just had to ask how do you moon someone on this site?

Then there is this one:

and now that I've got that ball rolling I'm sure more moonies will be showing up on this thread!

Katie

Edited by - bikerchic on 17 January 2003 14:4:58

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit