My yoke is easy and my burden is light, unless you're a JW than you will have many strange complicated rules

by adjusted knowledge 12 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

There is this JW husband and wife I knew from the 80's when I was a child. They got a divorce a few years ago and never remarried. They are older now and unable to afford to live on their own. They decided to live in the house they bought together, but not as a married couple. The elders got involved and made them turn their house into a duplex. The other options was to disfellowship them for living under the same roof, but now that they have a wall in the middle of the house it's ok. So weird.

• bsmart
    bsmart
    So they are both still witnesses? Weird.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Saw a similar post.

Very bizarre thinking - not "scripturally" divorced, but must remain "scripturally" apart.

What an f'd up bunch.

• Oogie
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

**KNOCK KNOCK**

"Who's there?"

"The ex-wife."

"What do you want?"

"A good rodgering for ol' times sake. Are you "Up" for it?"

"Oh, very well then. It's been a while since I've dipped the wick in your whisker basket."

(Insert moaning here)

"Guess what hubby?"

"I'm not your husband, I'm your EX-Husband, now fix me a sandwich, or get out of my side of the house!"

"Ohhh.....but you ARE my husband again!"

"What do you mean????"

"According to WTBTS rules, we've just had reconciliation sex, so you've accepted me back into the marriage bed. We're husband and wife again. What's yours is now once again MINE! Bwaaahahahahaha! Hope you enjoyed the BJ, cause it's the last one you're getting from me until you finish the honey-do list!!!"

"OMG, I can't believe I fell for this line of cult bull-sh*t. Where is my gun?"

**BANG!**

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

bsmart

"So they are both still witnesses? Weird."

Yes they are still witnesses and have been for at least 40 years. Probably were born in since if I can remember from my youth their parents were witnesses. They are legally divorce but the husband was a carpenter and like typical witnesses have no retirement savings. I think they are in their early to mid 60's.

Just think the Elders are more concern with what the "world" would think about these two living together and yet the Organization doesn't bother to put that much effort in protecting children.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"My yoke is easy and my burden is light..."

The glaring discrepancy between this quote from Jesus and the reality of life as a dutiful JW was another one of my little "wait-a-sec" moments.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The wife and I divorced over a year, she came to my job to see if we could work it out.

We gave it a try, she sneaking around visiting my place because I was DF.

One night I'm visiting her, our four kids not home. My oldest daughter

came home while we were sitting talking in the kitchen, she screamed "dad what

are you doing here, you know you shouldn't be here with mom alone". I was

speechless and very upset, the wife didn't say anything. I walked out and never

returned. A year later she married a brother(elder) who she had spent nights at his place.

That one daughter, I haven't seen or talk to her in 13-16 years, a year ago she divorced

and will remarry this November. It's funny how life works, she have two girls and he have 4

kids, three boys and a daughter.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Sadly, before I woke up, I was a chairman on a judicial case where the woman admitted to fornication with multiple partners and smoking. Those weren't the big issues, though. The committee would have simply done private reproof because she was repentant and came forward on her own. But, because she was renting a room to her ex-husband, being that they were living under the same roof and she wasn't willing to kick him out, she was DF'd.

That was me, before waking up.

Now, however, I can see how insensitive and stupid that was. In fact, (and I've been waiting for the opportune moment to share this), there is Biblical precedence for a man and a woman, unmarried, to stay together under the same roof without any problems. In fact, there's at least two accounts of this happening:

Boaz and Ruth (Ruth 3:5-13) and Elijah and a widow from Zarephath (1 Kings 17:13-22). Ruth slept at Boaz's feet. Elijah, at God's direction, met the widow at the city gate, but since he was not a resident of Zarephath, and because the account says "she together with him and her household ate for many days" and because he was clearly inside her home when he resurrected her son, it stands to reason that he was staying with her in her home for those days.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I know of a very weird JW living arrangement. She is jw but her husband isn't. They act like a married couple live the same house have their adult children live in the house. Just for one thing "he is openly gay" and they don't share the same bed. Apart from that you would never know there was a problem. I can't help but think for the reasons that they get on so well together / have been married for decades and raised a family / and are also very well off, that's the reason they havnt separated and divorced. These 2 even go on holiday together and share the same motel room. How weird is that and the elders say nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit