What has the Watchtower reading material done to YOU?

by The Rebel 23 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What has the Watchtower reading material done to YOU?

It Made Me Wonder Who Wrote For The WatchTower..

...................................CLOWNS??!!..

.......................Image result for Clown Writing

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

I got the new Greatest Man That Ever Lived book this summer at the assembly. I couldn't even get past the first page before putting it down in disgust. Who writes these things and what kind of English is that ? It reads like a serial manipulator with an agenda, oh wait.. Their material always had a slant to it, even as kids we'd pick up on it and my brother would make fun of it but it seems to have become exponentially worst over time.

On edit : Always makes me feel like my freedom to think for myself is being intruded upon.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Introvert 2 - "It reads like a serial manipulator with an agenda..."

Hey, if the shoe fits...

Introvert 2 - "...it seems to have become exponentially worst over time."

Two reasons for that...

a) ...it's easier to recognize the Kool-Aid for what is it once you've stopped drinking it, and...

b) ...the average comprehension levels of the rank-and-file have steadily declined over the years, to the point where subtle innuendo ain't cuttin' it for most... they have to be more overt and heavy-handed in reinforcing the superiority of JW beliefs just so the dumbasses can still get the hint.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I feel sorry for the kids. They read it and loose their innocence because :-

a) Instead of knowing they are taught to understand a W.T world.

b) Instead of feeling they are taught God.

i hadn't really thought about the power and impact that this literature has on " kids" before. Do you feel the same way?

Its worth pointing out W.T literature is translated in to 700 languages.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit