How would you react if you found out....

by Makena1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I've never been one to hold a grudge. If the other person(s) are willing to let it go and move on, so will I. I have had to apologize when wrong and been forgiven and sometimes not. Even if there is no formal apology coming from someone but they act friendly or they show that they aren't going to hold a grudge then I let it go. That doesn't mean that I trust them as much as before. I may not confide certain things to them or be as close, but I will not be one to snub(or shun) anyone. If they choose to not have dealings with me, then it's their loss, not mine. Life's too short to worry about every little something or someone who might not like me.

My answer is just in general that can be applied to any disagreement. I am not officially out so I don't expect that exact scenerio to take place anytime soon. But I hope that I would still act according to how I answered above.

• Mulan
    Mulan

This happened to my brother. He was disfellowshipped in 1978, 17 years before I called him to tell him our change in belief, except for VERY necessary matters (maybe 3 or 4 times in all those years). I treated him badly, and said awful things to him in those years.

When we learned the truth about things, I called him. He let the answering machine take the call, and he tells me today, he could tell by the sound of my voice that I was a different person. He welcomed me back into his life, and said we should forget all those lost years. That is so hard to forgive myself for, but we are closer than ever.

I recommend giving them a chance. They did basically what we would have done, if the roles were reversed.

• zanex
    zanex

this is a very good question...I honestly dont know what I would do...whether I have it in me to be able to forgive one of those original dubs that made life so hard for me is questionable. I would like to think that I would be able to but the sad reality is that i havent been faced with that situatin an I have a feeling that I would reject them...only time will tell the answer to that one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit