What happens if a JW accepts transfusion secretly?

by Dacke 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dacke
    Dacke

Nothing, right? Then what's the big deal? You're a JW and you whisper to the doctor that (hey, i accept a blood transfusion, but let's keep it confidetial).

You get your transfusion and you don't get disfellowshipped. Congratulations. Hope you're happy now.

JW RULES

• tuff_luv_capo
    tuff_luv_capo

Yes, but I'm sure your self-conscious will be guilty. If not, then you must not have too much devotion to your religion. It's not all paperwork

• Shakita
    Shakita

Answer: You live to see your loved ones again. Because that is what life is all about.

tuff:

Guilty? If you want to talk about guilt, maybe you should talk to a family who has lost a loved one due to upholding the "old light" of NO ORGAN TRANSPLANTS, which of course, has been reversed by the same people who tell you to DIE by refusing a blood transfusion.

Mrs. Shakita

• Gopher
  • wednesday
    wednesday

That might actualy be hard to do, unless u go out of your home town for surgery. Now they have the HLC at a lot of hospitals, i know 2 in this area that keep someone on call. So if u tel them u are a jw-they call her. Not only that, if they know u are a jw and u decide to accept a blood transfusion, they talk aobut it-like it was news worthy. then their is a problem with JW working in the hospital, They always find out about the jw when they check in-so if u take blood, they would know, and 'report" u.

It takes sometime hours for blood to transfuse, and it is quite likely someone would see u . it really isn't easy to get away with , unless u leave town.

Edited by - wednesday on 16 January 2003 12:17:33

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Prank: you go to a hospital with a friend. While there, find the HLC guy and just around the corner from him begin conversing with your friend in a loud voice how you're having major surgery and you're a JW, but you've decided not to risk your life and you'll have a transfusion. (Light blue touch paper and stand back!)

Edited by - Stephanus on 16 January 2003 23:38:23

• Scully
    Scully

I can't stress this often enough or too strongly: Have all reference to the JWs DELETED from your computerized hospital profile. Considering the recent requirement that the HLCs seem to be making of hospitals that they notify the HLC even if the patient has no AMD or DPA-HC form, and staff "have reason to believe that a patient is a JW".

The other thing you absolutely MUST do, is COMMUNICATE with the hospital staff and plan a strategy with them if you intend to take a blood transfusion, and they realize you are a JW, and you want their help to do it without interference from the HLC.

Yes, it CAN take between 2 and 4 hours to transfuse a single unit of blood. Doctors generally will order a minimum of 2 units - so expect 4 to 8 hours when you will have to keep everyone EXCEPT hospital staff out of the room. Nurses are happy to cooperate with patients if they understand the implications of someone you know walking into a room and seeing a unit of blood infusing into your arm. I put "Do Not Disturb - Please see the Nurse" signs on patients' doors all the time for whatever reason the patient wants one. I would also be willing to ask a doctor to order that a patient be placed on "Isolation Precautions" or quarantine if I believe it necessary to abide by the patient's wishes. If I knew that keeping the blood transfusion totally confidential was imperative, there are also measures that staff can take to ensure that the unit of blood, the tubing and so on is brought into and removed from the room unobtrusively - covered by a blanket, for example.

You do have control over the situation. It's up to you to retain that control as much as possible. The doctors and nurses are there to help you receive the medical care that you want and need. We will do everything in our power to make sure your privacy is protected, but you have to COMMUNICATE with us!!

Love, Scully RN

Edited by - Scully on 17 January 2003 1:5:17

• nilfun
  • Brummie
    Brummie

Well the elders would find out because that JW would take on the personality of the person who he took the blood from, like it would soon become obvious if the blood had been taken from a serial killer right? Half the kingdom hall goes missing and fresh dirt mounds start appearing in that JW back yard>...See it all makes perfect sense now huh.

Brummie

(burying cookies in fresh dirt mound right here to hide from XW)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What would happen if it was done secretly?

You may like to read my comments on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43449&site=3

You may be interested to know that one large teaching hospital in Sydney has been assigned no less than three HLC representatives, perhaps because they've learned what doctors already know; many dubs are secretly having blood transfusions there on condition that it can be done away from the sight of a HLC member!

It may sound far-fetched, but my source was a hospital administrator! Doctors have confirmed it.

So your question may not be so hypothetical after all, eh?

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit