This Freaks me out!

by Shytears 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    i dont know what to believe anymore)

Well actually I think this is a good sign. It means you're thinking for yourself and asking some pretty tough questions. Read through some old threads started by Maximus, AlanF and Farkel. Pick the topics you're interested in, i.e. heaven, eternal life, God, etc. and read through them. There are some extremely well written and intelligent essays in the archives and it will give you some food for thought. Ultimately you are going to need to decide for yourself if you still believe in God and if so, what he has in store for you. It's liberating and frightening all at the same time.

Personally I prefer things this way. I choose my own belief system and my own truths. I proved it to myself by my standards, and this is what you need to do as well. You'll get there and I think you'll be happier. Good luck!

• Introspection
    Introspection
    do u still believe or totally think it's bull?just share yours thoughts(i dont know what to believe anymore)

Good! What's the difference between believing in something or totally thinking the opposite? It's the same thing turned upside down. Just being honest about not knowing as you have expressed, though, that is an actual change in thinking.

To me the whole "my beliefs are better than yours" game is silly now - it's like figuring out the best way to guess at a multiple choice test instead of actually studying the material you're tested on. Even if you guess right, you don't understand the information. And let us not forget the occasional "none of the above" answer. In fact, the answer to every question may be none of the above, even if it's not listed for you. Who says you have to take a test anyways? I'm only using that as an illustration of course, but just as you can choose an answer that's not listed, you can also choose not to take the test or play this game, and just go and live life.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

but i still want to hold on to the thought of living forever and ever

And there is the golden carrot dangled before us, who in their right mind wouldn't want to live forever in the world painted by the WTS.

• Never grow old
    • Never Die
    • Always Happy
    • No Pain, or Fear etc etc etc

Is it true? Many of us over time have pondered on this question, and it's a nice hope to believe in, and it's presented very affectively by the society, but is it a real hope, or is it a cop out, or a way of manipulating the masses to comply with their doctrine? Do this, and you will gain that! BUT ONLY if you do this! This way an individual is handed a plausable REASON to avoid giving their all into living NOW?

As witnesses we kinda put our lives on hold, education, carreers, some even marriage, and children, because of the belief that we would be better off waitng for the New Order of things.

Look how a few simple words can change a persons whole outlook on life, is this manipulation, is this a truth, or is this a society's way of getting you to believe what they want you to believe?

*** The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life (book) 1968 pg.9 ch.1 Grand Blessings from God Near at Hand! ***[Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]
    [as published in original 1968 edition]

Also, as reported back in 1960 , a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is "a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence." And he warned: "I know enough of what is going on to assure you that, in fifteen years from today , this world is going to be too dangerous to live in."

This Secretary said that in 1960 add 15 years and you have 1975. Very convenient to quote a worldly politician huh? When it suits their agenda!

Now notice the subtle changes in the 1981 edition of the same book.

*** The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life (book) 1981 pg.9 ch.1 Grand Blessings from God Near at Hand! ***[as published in 1981 edition]

Also, as reported back in 1960 , a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is "a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence." Based on what he knew was then going on in the world, it was his conclusion that soon"this world is going to be too dangerous to live in."

Does this sound to you like an organisation that has THE FACTS, or that believe in what they say themselves?

It's a carrot, that's all it is, an illusion Hudini would be proud of.

• Perry
    Perry

Welcome to reality. As with anything of value there is a price though. Good Luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit