Remember me? (scaredyetresolved)

by truthseekers2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

Hi! Just wanted to give an update. I can't remember my password to my previous screename nor the email account I made for it, so I had to make a new one. My husband also joined the board last night as truthseekers1 so he can post as well. He's read here so much over the past several weeks. Thanks a bunch for all the various topics. Many are so enlightening.

Our family has come a long way since I last posted. We have written a letter to the elders stating that we do not want them to continue calling/knocking and we have informed our family of our recent research efforts. That is all they know for now. Hubby is trying desperately to figure out what to tell his family. My heart goes out to him. Mine are already shunning us. Yeah, real Christian. Don't pick up the phone and say how much you love us at a time like this. At least hubby's family is.

We are celebrating birthdays and living life one day at a time the way WE see fit to live it. We feel the weight of the world has been lifted from our shoulders! How to develop our own personal beliefs and stands on issues that we were once told how to live according to is overwhelming at times.

We've turned to several people for support and are amazed to hear them say they have been fervently praying for our departure from the JW's. We are trying to stay close to them because we know we will need them in the coming months. Trying to relearn how to pray is difficult. Thinking about opening a Bible is daunting. But we know it will all fall into place in time.

Our children are happy and strong. We are closer in our marriage than ever before. Anyone that is thinking of leaving, please, just do it. It all seems to fall into place. I am thankful every single day that it's finally happened for us. I know the best in life is yet to come!

• bay64me
    bay64me

Yes, I remember you.

You sound really confident and I'm glad the two of you are closer together on this issue.

I just hope that all continues to go well for you as you embark on this exciting stage of your life.

Bay64me.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Sounds like things are going well for you. Welcome back to the board!

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Welcome back. Sounds like you are doing well. Hang in there!

~Witch

• Latte
    Latte

Truth seeker2.

Yes, I remember you! Well done on coming this far along the road!

We are celebrating birthdays and living life one day at a time the way WE see fit to live it. We feel the weight of the world has been lifted from our shoulders!

That's exactly how we felt! It's really great isn't?

Welcome back!

Latte

• dmouse
    dmouse
    How to develop our own personal beliefs and stands on issues that we were once told how to live according to is overwhelming at times.

Interesting point.

I remember that's what stood out for me when I left too. Sometimes life's issues can be so complex and as JWs we just weren't used to thinking about things and making up our own minds - we were lazy and let the organisation do all that for us.

Then, suddenly, I was on my own and without a reference point for my beliefs.

It took a long time to find out who I really was but it was worth it. Stick with it and best of luck!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hi Scaredyetresolved. Great to hear the update, also great to hear your hubby has joined us. WELCOME to him too.

Your right, the best is yet to come.

Brummie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Count me as another who remembers you. WELCOME BACK!

• mustang
    mustang

Congratulations!!!! The "average Joe" would call it "getting your act together"; a "shrink-ologist" might call it "becoming integrated" while a JW can't feature it and would call it something that begins with a capital D!!!

Regardless, the important thing is YOUR PERSONAL GROWTH.

Since no one commented on this, I will:

"... Thinking about opening a Bible is daunting. But we know it will all fall into place in time."

Your 2nd sentence is a great start.

Question: what was you NATURAL (removed from JW pressure) feeling/reaction/"need" in regard to the Bible? Just give that time to surface. Let it take all the time it needs. Whatever that was will come "floating" to the surface & you will know it when you see it.

Personally, I was interested in researching the antiquities, the languages and reviewing passages by comparing various thoughts on them. I found myself collecting various translations, particularly if they were interlinear or bilingual. Then I met a person with a similar background (his father was also a domineering "lifer" Fundy preacher) who had a scholarly bent. We have great religious discussions of a truly sincere nature.

Whatever of your personal religious side resurfaces, I'm sure you will agree it was something the JW's stifled. Good hunting!!!!

Mustang

• ugg
    ugg

hi,,,and welcome back!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit