The salvation paradox

by OverlappingGeneralizations 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

Another thing that has bothered me-

If the righteous AND the unrighteous will be resurrected, and will have the same chance at paradise as the hard-core dubs, what was the point of being hard core? I know the point used to be "well, Armageddon is gonna happen this weekend, and you'll survive and they won't! After all, God will resurrect an ignorant person, but will not spare that same ignorant person if he happens to throw the big A-party this weekend!"

However, now that they have moved the goalposts out of our generation, and we will most certainly die like all the faithful brothers and sisters before us, why bother? I mean, I know that "now that I know the 'truth' I have to tell it or be blood-guilty (even though God killed them, not me)", that's fine for me, I'm not ignorant anymore, I'm screwed. But wouldn't the merciful thing be to leave our neighbors ignorant? We're both gonna die and be resurrected, why tell him "the sacred secret" so he has to be a thankless slave like me?

Oh what a paradox. Again, this is written from the perspective of somebody who is waking up, but still in bed, so to speak, lol.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I think you have answered your own question. If it sounds like nonsense......

I've been out over twenty- five years and when I read the doctrines you quote I just think WTF! Sorry if this is not what you need, I apologise. From an 'outsider' perspective this sounds like nonsense. Well done waking up.

• Ding
    Ding
    You would think that things like this would cause the GB to question whether the Bible interpretations they inherited from Rutherford and Franz are correct, but apparently they don't.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You would think that things like this would cause the GB to question whether the Bible interpretations they inherited from Rutherford and Franz are correct, but apparently they don't.

This includes making the assumption that the GB 2.0 can "think" and question things. They were brought up not to question anything, too. I suspect no great thinkers since Freddie F.

Doc

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

If the righteous AND the unrighteous will be resurrected, and will have the same chance at paradise as the hard-core dubs, what was the point of being hard core?

The real problem was that the Watchtower had every teaching upside down. A person has to tear everything he learned from the WT and start over from scratch.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The hard core JW's will Lord over the new arrivals. They will be walking around

telling folks, I told you so now get down on your knees and thank me you unrighteous one.

Afterwards go and clean up all the sh--t here on earth.

• pixel
    pixel
    I meant to give you a like.
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

There cannot be salvation.

If you are able to be self-aware, it means you have a non-composite identity/entity behind the details called your physical body.

If it is non-composite, it is obviously not subject to disintegration, hence eternal—it can only live forever whether here on earth through different births or somewhere else. Where and how matters not—let that be a surprise!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think that with all the changes , new lite ,flip flops ,interpretations ,re-interpretations ,back-flips ,new-lite-old-lite back to new-lite , etc, the average Jehovah`s Witness has no idea what he/she is supposed to believe nowadays .

Just that whatever the Society says today is the" Truth." whether I know what they say or not.I believe them

smiddy

• fukitol
    fukitol

These glaring and insurmountable moral paradoxes are proof positive that it's all complete bollox.

If there is a 'God', he's given us a conscience and moral 'law' written in our hearts. These are a much better guide than a lot of scary old Jewish stories written by ancient priests to frighten the people into continuing obedience. Throw your Bible in the trash, it's not needed. All you need to follow is your heart and conscience. Even the apostle Paul admitted it:

Romans 2:14: "For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit