Interesting Tablet find

by auntiem 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• auntiem
    auntiem

Here is the link...it is interesting to say the least!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/858803.asp?0dm=C218T#BODY

Hugs!

aUnTiE M

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Interesting in deed. Ya know, it's funny...when the Muslims controlled the Holy Sites after the 1948 Arab Israeli war, Jews were forbidden to pray at the western wall, were forbidden access to all their holy sites under control of the muslims. The Jews haven't curtailed Muslim access at all though. Also interesting that before Arafat's great uncle, the Egyptian born Mufti Amin declared the Al Aqsa Mosque the third holiest site in Islam, it was almost completely abandoned.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    This could mean the tablet was actually part of Solomons Temple, which was destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 B.C., said Amos Bean, director of the institute.

Great. Another article that I can send to my relatives who will in turn quickly accuse me of turning apostate due to the mention of 586 B.C. What other reason would there be for me to send this article to them?

Edited by - Jourles on 15 January 2003 13:25:36

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Personally, I believe they will find this another "hoax" - just like the burial box.

#1 - according to one much smarter than I - you cannot carbon date stone

#2 - If the account is true that Muslims have been denying any existence of a "jewish" shrine at this sight - and were supposedly throwing away any evidence left & right - how on earth would this have been discovered by "muslims" and then mysteriously show up on the open market for those of Isreal to "show as evidence"?

I think Isreal's just throwing out some more fake evidence to validate their own claims - I would take this evidence with an entire salt block.

Edited by - pettygrudger on 15 January 2003 13:28:16

• Navigator
    Navigator

Petty Grudger

The answer to point #2 is simple. Money. Artifacts such as the tablet are quite valuable. That is why excavators at archaelogical sites are either closely supervised or searched at the end of the day.

• Carmel
    Carmel

It's interesting to note that when Saladin first captured Jerusalem no lives were taken and all inhabitants were allowed to stay, practice their respective religions as they pleased. The only change was the setting up of an administration that was not corrupt and answered to Damascus. Beyond that the "infidels" were left alone. Contrast that to the Christian Crusades that "redcaptured the holy city for Christianity" when 70% of men women and children were slaughtered and the rest put into strict bondage to the pope. Who was it that taught the Muslims to become blood thirsty? You got it! Rome and the legends of "christian" warriors.

Funny how we recount history to fit our religious needs.

carmel

• foreword
    foreword

#1 - - you cannot carbon date stone

article: http://www.icej.org/news/specials/special10.html

The GSI tests involved examining the patina covering the tablet, a thin organic build-up that can be scientifically dated with relative accuracy. GSI geologists insist the patina is uniform across the entire tablet, including all the engraved lettering, and dates back to the First Temple era.

Since the tablet was not found during an organized archaeological excavation, carbon dating of the patina by geologists is the most reliable method for establishing its age and authenticity. Critics are contending other geologists should be given a chance to examine the tablet.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Israelinsider's culture page had interesting comments on this find. In short every thing about it is suspicious. The experts who have been said to authenticate it are geologists not archeologists or linguists. The use of modern Hebrew idiom in the text strongly suggests a forgery using an ancient tablet. Considering the present Arab/ Israeli tensions and diputes over Jerusalem's holy areas such an item being "found" in an undisclosed place by an undisclosed person at an undisclosed time with such explosive content adds to it's lack of credibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit