Why I'm Here...

by Sara Annie 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Thanks for the welcome, all.

I have learned so much in the short time I've been here, I look forward to a good experience overall.

• bay64me
    bay64me

What an eloquent post. I really enjoyed reading that.

I hope you find what you are looking for here.

I also hope to hear more from you.

Bay64me.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome, Sara! It was really interesting to read your story. It reminded me of what my mother, a staunch JW, said about her father's funeral. He was a Greek Orthodox priest, and NONE of her witness friends attended the funeral or offered any words of comfort. It really hurt her but didn't deter her from being a Witness. Now she has Alzheimer's, has forgotten everything and everybody, and actually is happier than I've ever seen her. I'm recently out and a lot happier and more serene about life.

You'll find a lot of good information on this forum. AlanF wrote a wonderful essay called "An Aspect of the Legalism of Jehovah's Witnesses," which you can find at www.geocities.com/osarsif/legal.htm. Worth reading.

Lots of love,

Nina

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Welcome Sara,

I wouldn't recommend getting into a pitching contest as far as basic doctrine is concerned, but I would read Matthew 7:15 thru 20 to them and then ask about flip flops on doctrine, child abuse, coverups, lies, shunning etc. all of which can be researched on this forum. I've found the following link to be really valuable:

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

Best wishes, Bug

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Bug-

Thank you for the link to the quotes site, I have visited it before and think it's a terrific resource. Much appreciated.

Cruz-

I enjoyed the article you recommended. I am always struck by the glaring irony in so many of the WT's printed statements. I read excerpts of their publications with my mouth hanging open half the time--it's difficult to imagine how their assertions can be taken seriously. Then again, I suppose if your reading is limited to ONLY their literature, you just wouldn't know any better. It reminds me of the old saying "Beware of the man who has read only one book". Thanks for the link.

Thanks again, everyone!

• Solace
    Solace

Sara,

I have also learned alot since I began reading & posting here.

So many here can relate, ya know?

Welcome to the board.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the Board, Sara Annie!

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit