Why doesn't Jesus appear to you ?

by opusdei1972 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

The New Testament tells us stories about miracles, people speaking in different languages by the holy spirit, Jesus appearing to many of his disciples. But, why this was only a first century phenomenom???.

Here some reasoning: http://godisimaginary.com/i15.htm

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Because he can't be in two places at one time. He clearly told them he had to go , but would send the holy spirit and told them he'd eventually return.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Look.... Thor dosent like to brag, and he dosent want me repeating this, but i have it on good authority that the jewish carpenter owes big money to the thunderer for a lucky hand of five card draw and dosent want to pay up. Thor hangs out a lot on earth keeping frost giants in check so jesus keeps away hoping Thor will forget.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    My guess it has to do with Christians not adopting robes and sandals as mandatory outer wear.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

The Biblical stories are embellished, some are outright fabrications. When presented with stories that defy the Laws of Nature, one must ask the following: What is more likely? That the laws of nature are suspended or that a dead man can come back to life after being dead for 3 days.

Embellishing or fabricating stories is a way to further enhance and validate a belief system so that potential converts or recruits are convinced 'This is IT! Sign me up.'

As time has progressed, it seems God has become more and more silent and far less involved.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Dionysus appeared to me after drinking many many glasses of whisky
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's actually really easy to get Jesus to appear to you.

Every morning at breakfast, if you want it, in fact.

http://hackaday.com/2009/06/23/the-holy-toaster-kit/

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Probably because I have not murdered enough Christians..
  • Heaven
    Heaven

fmf and Vidiot ... you both made me lol! Thank you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit