Annual Meeting 2015 - any information?

by Elisa1966 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elisa1966
    Elisa1966
    So, there is the annual meeting in october - do you have any news about it? Topics etc?
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Virtually impossible! Any major pieces of information will be known only by those who are very close to the G.B. The Annual Meeting is now the G.B's "Oscars". This is when all of their "worshippers" sit down and hang on their every word.

The Magnificent 7 and their helpers will have to come up with a dramatic "new light", in order to maintain anticipation & zeal amongst the 8m worldwide.

If they don't, and the meeting turns into a mind-numbing advertisement for the Org's fund-raising & building programme, then the majority of J.W.'s will "switch off" and treat future similar events as pointless.

The "faithful" are tired of being reminded of the new Branch facilities with sports complexes etc.

If the audience doesn't get what it wants, this event will become just another bore-fest for most.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

What piece of clothing is Tony going to rant about at the GA?????

Perhaps some counsel on wearing $12,000 Apple Watches at the meeting...oh wait...

• airborne
    airborne
    The true believers will be peeing on themselves with excitement over the event I'm sure. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry tells George "What's the show about?" George says "Nothing." ... Jerry says "I think you've got something there."
  • millie210
    millie210

Because they are totally reactionary in form, we know what there WONT be...

there wont be any talk about pants or socks or spanx.

Looking back over the forum here I have been amazed at all the back and forth over doctrines about blood, childbirth, vaccinations, will the people of Sodom be resurrected, type and antitype etc.

They launch an idea, cherry pick some scriptures and when that doesnt seem to work they dont just change it they reverse it and call it "new light"!

All in an attempt to persuade people that they are Gods spokesman.

So if the best indicator of the future is the past then they will stay far away from all the things that brought such ridicule on their heads last year.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Whatever they say this time round Millie, I'm sure we'll find plenty to ridicule them with.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Millie:

All in an attempt to persuade people that they are Gods spokesman.

Well, we know that they CANT say this anymore...thanks to G Jackson's comments at the Australian royal commission!

• millie210
    millie210

Yes Half banana, we will ridicule them and sadly enough they will provide all the material needed for that.

stuckinarut, that is exactly what they are attempting to do. But why does the H.S. need more revisions than a college paper????

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I had a chance to go, years ago, but just had no need to go.

My brother & sister in law, are going because they will be working at warwick. My sister in law is so excited, she's probably already wet her pants a few times. At a CA last year one of the gooberning body was there, watching her, it was like a giddy school girl, gushing over the hot boy of the week!

It's funny watching these people get so stupid over these men!

Dwain

• rege  brazzy
    rege brazzy
    yes,there is a rumor about two new gb members......lets try to guess who!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit