New

by Forgiven One 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Forgiven One
    Forgiven One

I left the borg 13 years ago, at age 22. After my wife had died of cancer, I started seeing a "worldly" female. (I was teetering in the borg at the time.) Well we ended up becoming very intimate. After having been assimilated for 20 of my 22 years I felt the need to confess. Well it ended up b4 a judicial committee, during which I was informed that I would never see my wife in the "new system" unless I broke ties with my female friend(my wonderful wife of 12 years now), faced my discipline, and threw myself into the "kingdom" effort. I had to stop and think about what kind of loving God would empower men to say such things. The answer was NONE! Men empowered these men, NOT GOD. Of course it has taken me 13 years to come to a peace with myself and more importantly with God. This peace now allows me to visit wonderful sites like this, where I can finally see that there is many more like me. Don't get me wrong I'm not sure one can ever fully recover all that is lost to their theocraptic indoctrination, aka: brainwashing. I have a dificult time knowing how to deal with my mother, she is still "in the truth". I was never formally D/F or D/A that I know of, so she still stays in contact. This is ok I suppose, but sometimes I just want to slap her and scream WAKE UP!

I look forward to getting to know others here. It's been a long road but I finally feel like a Forgiven One. Forgiven by both myself and God, for turning my back on Him after I turned my back on them.

I would also like to go on with my story, but it is getting late. I will post more as time goes by.

Edited by - Forgiven One on 15 January 2003 0:36:20

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Welcome Forgiven One!!

I hope you find all that you are seeking and truly remember you do not need to be forgiven by anyone or anything in your life to feel as if you are allowed to live. Looking foward to more from you.

Love,

Cassi

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

WELCOME!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Forgiven One, welcome!

to come to a peace with myself and more importantly with God.

Good for you, man, good for you!

Craig

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Forgiven by both myself and God, for turning my back on Him after I turned my back on them.

This is one of the most positive introductory posts I have read in quite some time. You sound as if you're coming full circle and experiecing healing. Good for you!

HOWDY AND WELCOME!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome.

• Banshee
    Banshee

((((((((((ForgivenOne))))))))))Welcome!

Glad you have joined and hope you enjoy your time spent here.

--Banshee

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

There are so many new people that I'm going to say WELCOME aboard to each and everyone of you now. I appreciate you're being here.

granny

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day and welcome aboard Forgiven One!

Almost two years ago, I came here and have found it fun (at times!), informative, supportive, and caring. So, make yourself at home, won't you? We look forward to sharing much more.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Forgiven

I am glad you have found some peace of mind. Nice to see you posting.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit