"Witnesses of Jehovah" video

by TheApostleAK 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Anyone seen the witnesses of Jehovah video? If so what did you think of it?

I've got a copy of it myself. I thought it was ok and wasn't too bad. Thought the ending of it was a bit crappy, but over all ok. The stuff presented was factual except the thing about Russell's grave stone (that is THE biggest apostate lie ever). Overall a good video to have next to your Purple Triangles video and other society videos.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I couldn't agree more.
    The video was of a sufficiently professional quality.... up until the last 10 minutes.... that it could have been presented for play on PBS stations nationwide in rebuttal to the Watchtower-produced videos which I've seen on PBS out here in California (and complained loudly about). The video's pitch for born-again Christianity in the last few minutes of the tape reduce it to the quality of your average infomercial.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

The video came out in 1988. For the time, it was the best video out exposing the WT. Something needs to be produced that is more updated. I have donated several videos to libraries and churches as well as have this video playing on the local cable station in my city. It reaches over 25000 homes. The video has played regularly for over 5 years now.

The best way to keep the Watchtowers lies from spreading is by informing the public as to what the WT is about. There are just to many ignorant people out there that do not have a clue as to what the WT really is about, as well as most religions.

• RR
    RR

I bought it when it first came out, don't remember half of it, I thought it was .... eh ... okay, nothing to brag home about. What was the issue with Russell's pyramid grave, I don't remember!

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

About Russell being buried underneath the Pyramid marker.

• ianao
    ianao

So, are they saying that he WASN'T buried under a pyramid marker!?

• JT
    JT

i agree wtih most of you considering the time 1988 and the amount of cash that they they had to make it, I think it was very good. esp if you compare that to the Millions of bucks the wt has to to a video.

it at least give folks a look at wt in a way that most folks will never know- the Jesus Saves at the end was a little strong, but then again it was thier video.

i have shared it with many nonjw who quickly realized the influence that wt has on it members.

just my thought

james

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Ianao: They show the pyramid marker and say that it is his burial place.

• ianao
    ianao

Apostle:

Bird-brain don't get it. So they lied about it being a building instead of a grave marker? Don't get the reasonings for the deception.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Ianao: The video shows a close up (you only see the writing and picture on it) of Russells grave stone (If you got a copy of the proclaimers book its on page 64) then they show the pyramid and say that, that's where he's buried. (That the close up and the pyramid are the same thing)(Get the video on see what I mean).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit