Watch out Apple/Samsung: WT into Device Business

by pixel 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

Hello there,

I haven't seen this posted yet. I was watching the January-don't-educate-yourself-programming and I think we missed the following, at the :31 minute of the show:

WT now sending portable music devices to Malawi so they can sing the new song.

Since Malawi is Malawi is among the world's least-developed countries, the brothers there "need" a portable player to sing new song from WT. And this is a "loving provision from God". Crazy.

• 7Starz
    7Starz

This device looks like one of those hand crank portable citizens band / HAM radios you use when there is no power.  I have used one in cases of emergency during a storm.

Is the society sending them or are they being provided on a donation basis? 

Is there another reason they are sending them perhaps?

Got your Go Bag ready Malawi? 

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would rather have an education, medical supplies and some food, instead of some shitty hand-cranked electronic device. That's just me. 

DD

• pixel
    pixel

Is the society sending them or are they being provided on a donation basis? 

They are sending them. On the video they say they have received back letters of gratitude with money in it.

Is there another reason they are sending them perhaps?

They say, so the friends in that country can sing the new song. But hey! it could be an experiment, maybe besides being a publishing and real state company, now the WT want to be a consumer company!

• Caedes
    Caedes
    You do realise they don't make those, they have just bought them from someone who makes consumer electronics?  
  • pixel
    pixel

You do realise they don't make those, they have just bought them from someone who makes consumer electronics?  

Yeap! But that's how it all begins!

• Caedes
    Caedes

The WBTS are not going to become a consumer electronics company, for a start they would have to employ educated people.

• pixel
    pixel
    ^^ But they can become a consumer electronics reseller! lol
  • HBH
    HBH

It appears to be this.

I think this is merely a propaganda machine for underdeveloped nations so as to increase numbers, since membership is failing in developed nations.  Also helps keep hq busy with new tech.

HBH

• Simon
    Simon

Wait, you mean people walking around and hand-delivering a magazine to people isn't the best way to get the message to a wider audience? Who would ever have imagined such a thing?!?! 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit