Apple Pie

by Vivamus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I really, really dislike making apple pie. After two or three of those things, my kitchen looks like a warzone, my hands are greasy, my clothes covered in smears of butter and melted sugar. I really dislike making them. But what do you do when your JW mum calls you, and asks if you can make some for her, cause it's her birthday, and she's having a mini party in that honor?! I am very happy.

• Beans
    Beans

There is nothing like making a birthday pie for a Jehovahs Witness! Well I hate making the shell so I just buy the frozen pie shells and avoid tht part.

I just peel apples throw in brown sugar and cinnamon and let it sit for a bit and then throw it in the pie shells, NO MESS!

Beans

• larc
    larc

I buy them frozen from the store and bake them. Of course, I'm a guy and that is what a guy would do. By the way, I think they are real good.

• Mac
    Mac

Viv,

Nothing like apple pie, especially when it's HOT!!!

mac

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

AWWwww!! Vivamus,

How sweet!!

Did your mom actually say for her birthday? Is she coming over to The Dark Side?

Maybe you could cut some hearts in the crust for her!

How awesome!

My oldest daughters 17 th birthday is this month and I asked her if she wanted a dinner or anything and she said no. She doesnt feel comfortable yet.

So I told her we could throw her a Luau!! (Awake June 8 th ,2002)

She just laughed......It takes time to heal.

You really made my day when you posted this about your mom.

Para ti ..

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

I'm with Larc on this one.

I live on frozen prepared meals. They've come a long way from those TV dinners of old.

• Roo
    Roo

That's when i call upon one of my dearest friends, Sarah Lee, to help me out

I hope your mom has a great b-day , keep smilin' Viv

roo

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Lmao @ frozen pie, that just won't do!

Yes, it's really for her birthday, tomorrow!

• larc
    larc

Vivamus, just remember this: "everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee." Her mixed berry pie is outstanding - my favorite.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

My second job is at Marie Callender's. Its a restaurant and Pie Shop. TONS of Apple pies go past my nose every week and they always smell good. The place is always thrashed, though. I understand your worries about your house being a warzone, but it must smell nice :)

PS. Cook one Nekid for me !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit