Why does the WTS say Jehovah will Judge?

by Pleasuredome 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

I think JWs "ignore" the way they do is because the WTS discourages them from thinking about Jesus in any capacity other than "King of the Invisible Kingdom".

It's almost like they're thinking "We can't see him, so he can't see us" the way toddlers cover their eyes when they think they're hiding.

By concentrating on OT "Jehovah's" qualities, they take away from NT "Jesus' " qualities.... the ones about wanting "mercy and not sacrifice", the ones about "love your neighbour as yourself", the ones about forgiveness and kindness.

Love, Scully

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I think he should get one of his own television Judge shows. I think he'd draw a large share of the ratings, maybe even take over Judge Judy's spot. Course everyone would have to wear sunglasses... which makes it harder to see who's telling the truth or not.

CG

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Jesus wouldn't make much sense if he were inserted in his correct Biblical form into the Watchtower dogma - after all, they are the mediator in Dubdom - give the sheeple a choice of another, kinder, gentler Mediator, and whom do you think they'll go for?

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

That may all be true..but they still have to say Jesus name every time you pray!.."Through your son Jesus Christ..amen"....Right?.

Snoozy....

Edited by - Golden Girl on 19 January 2003 2:53:56

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit