Question: ONLY ANOINTED ARE UNFORGIVABLE ?

by Liberty 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's just that I know the "unforgivable sin" stuff plays on some peoples minds - I was just trying to expound a bit about it.

Mayhaps it is the wrong thread.

Edited by - a paduan on 16 January 2003 2:29:41

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Paduan, that's cool. I just wondered if I'd missed the point (I've been known to do that sometimes )

I did some more looking, and found the following quote, originally in the Deliverance book (1926) pp. 156-7, and reprinted in the 1933 Watchtower p. 206 (bold added):

To sin against the holy spirit does not mean to sin against a creature or person, but means to deliberately go contrary to the light of truth. The holy spirit is the invisible power of God that illuminates the minds of men. Therefore, to sin against the holy spirit means a willful and deliberate course contrary to ones knowledge of what is right and wrong. One who sins against the holy spirit is possessed of a malicious heart; which means that such a one has no regard for the law of God, and no consideration for the rights of others, but is fatally bent on doing wickedness in order to accomplish a selfish purpose, and doing it knowingly.

Seems to me that not many so-called "apostates" would meet this criteria.

Craig (using bikerchic's account, at great personal cost, close to being an unforgivable sin! )

Edited by - bikerchic on 16 January 2003 2:42:59

• heathen
    heathen

I remember going over this one and bikerhic found the explaination I received. Since the spirit bears witness to truth the belief is based on the WT interpretation of truth so what happens according to the WT is that if you turn away from the org. you are demonized and considered the children of the damned.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

*** w92 9/15 9 Jehovah Forgives in a ***

The apostle Paul alluded to such sin when he wrote: It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, . . . but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame.Hebrews 6:4-6.

So it would seem that the society here is referring to the anointed class.

*** w92 9/15 9 Jehovah Forgives in a ***

Only God knows if a person has committed the unforgivable sin. However, Paul shed light on this matter when he wrote: If we practice sin wilfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment. (Hebrews 10:26, 27) A wilful person acts deliberately, or is obstinately and often perversely self-willed. (WebstersNewCollegiateDictionary) Anyone wilfully and obstinately continuing to practice sin after he knows the truth is not forgiven. Hence, it is not so much the sin itself as it is the heart condition, the degree of wilfulness involved, that affects whether the sin is forgivable or not. On the other hand, what is likely the case when an erring Christian is deeply disturbed about his wrongdoing? His great concern probably indicates that he has not, in fact, committed an unforgivable sin.

Maybe this helps. makes sense to me.

Edited by - gizmo on 16 January 2003 3:48:19

Edited by - gizmo on 16 January 2003 3:50:9

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Look the heading above is supposed to read

"Jehovah forgives in a Large Way"

But this stupid thing keeps cutting some of it out.

I tried 3 times already to edit it, and it keeps cutting it out.

GRRRRRRRR

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

it is not so much the sin itself as it is the heart condition

So, if someone cuts dead their own child, out of the 'lurve' they were taught, then the heart condition isn't so bad cause they didn't really mean the bad thing? Didn't deserve it as much as someone else? That's pelagianism, jwism etc.

I t's about whether or not you accept the truth of yourself, or whether the "word" you say, is actually adverse to knowing. In your next age, your spiritual rebirth, this particular word is accepted as husband - and you aren't fore given about things i.e. nurtured by this word of yours, but remain with guilt - and certainly about deserving.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 17 January 2003 2:39:48

Edited by - a paduan on 17 January 2003 2:42:24

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit