The Holy Spirit IS a person?

by Brummie 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

2nd Corinthians 3:17: Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

i had posted a question about this scripture before. i quoted from the NWT and it has Jehovah instead of Lord, which begs the question is the holy spirit Jehovah? imo, i think this scripture is certainaly talking about the HS rather than God being a spirit as someone said in my previous thread.

it doesnt change my opinion on the trinity though pete!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    it doesnt change my opinion on the trinity though pete!

Just out of interest what is your opinion? I missed it. BTW, even before you say, I'm glad that you have your own opinion, whether it be for or against.

You have a valid point on 2nd Corinthians 3:17, I never saw that all the years I was a JW until I was leaving...Same as Romans 8:9, I never saw that either.

Brummie

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

well you saw me arguing with that liverpudlian guy at cfern lea! unitarian, although honour for our Lord Jesus should be like that of our Father.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    well you saw me arguing with that liverpudlian guy at cfern lea

Nope I dont remember that. My head was spinning anyways...like that girls head in the excorsist. I only remember the conversation we had on personal responsibility as regards to being a member of the WTS.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

mmm...well personal responsibility for what you teach and believe is dodgy ground to be getting into. i feel sorry for those who do things not out of faith because of deliberate ignorance, rather than ignorance. but thats as far as i push it, lest i judge.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

How is it that jws can follow around a whole team of governing body members together, but they can't get it about more than one person being God?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Paduan,

I understand your point, and it is a very good point.

The JW's follow and serve the Governing Body, and yet, there are eleven persons that make up the One Body.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Notice these Verses:

John, to the seven assemblies that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from God, who is and who was and who is to come; and from the Seven Spirits who are before His throne; and from Jesus Christ, the Faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the Earth. To Him who loves us, and washed us from our sins by His Blood; and He made us to be a Kingdom, priests to His God and Father; to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. (Revelation 1:4-6)

In those Verses, The Father, The Son, and The Spirit ("Seven Spirits") are all Three giving Grace and Peace to humans.

How can an "Impersonal Active Force" give Grace [undeserved kindness] to humans?

Why would an "Impersonal Active Force" be mentioned in between The Father and The Son as giving Grace and Peace to people?

Also, if the "Seven Spirits" are angels, as some people claim, then why would these seven angels be mentioned immediately after The Father and BEFORE The Son as giving Grace and Peace to people.

And, why would John invoke angels to give Grace and Peace to humans?

Also, check out these Verses:

How can an "Impersonal Active Force" have Love?

Romans 15:30: Now I beg you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me

How can an "Impersonal Active Force" have Communion or Fellowship with People?

2nd Corinthians 13:14: The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. Amen.

Philippians 2:1: If there is therefore any exhortation in Christ, if any consolation of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any tender mercies and compassion

How can an "Impersonal Active Force" live?

1st Corinthians 3:16: Don't you know that you are a temple of God, and that God's Spirit lives in you?

Why does the following Verse say that Yahweh AND His Spirit sent someone?

Isaiah 48:16: Come you near to me, hear you this; from the beginning I have not spoken in secret; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord Yahweh has sent me, and His Spirit.

You can also see from the Verses above, that The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, are mentioned separately in several Verses.

So, how can The Father be the Holy Spirit since they are mentioned as being separate Persons?

So, how can Jesus Christ be the Holy Spirit since they are mentioned as being separate Persons?

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 16 January 2003 6:30:57

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yeah, you're probably right. He likely wears a sombrero and spells His name "Hey Sus"!

caveman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit