Please, share your abuse story.

by Aprostate Exam 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

Greetings to all, I am new to this site and am enjoying the topics. Briefly, my family suffered my older/deceased brother's molestation when he was 13, in the congregation. To this day, My mother still defends the elders that dealt with this situation. It sickens me to know the power this organization has over the followers. My elderly father still cries over not defending him when it happened, and this happened because my mom had my dad under severe control. Even though it has been a few decades since this happened, it still hurts.

Please tell me your brief stories, If you suffered anything similar?

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome, AE. So sorry about your brother.

Unfortunately, there are more stories like yours than I can count.

You may want to look at the recent posts about the Royal Commission in Australia.

Mrs. Flipper

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Welcome, and sorry.

This org. knows how to inflict pain like no other.

(Great username)

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

If you experieced abuse as a child in the UK, please consider sharing your experience confidentially and anonymously, via this online form.

They will reply to you quickly, and nobody will question you on what you tell them.

The more stories that people are willing to share, the better.

www.csa-inquiry.independent.gov.uk/share-your-experience

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Welcome, but i do find your avatar and prostate exam innuendo do not sit well with your chosen topic. If you took the subject remotely seriously i cant see why you chose them at all.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Aprostate

welcome! My sister was raped and like your mom, mine still absolves the Borg of all wrong doing and instead blames my sister who was disfellowshipped for immorality, promiscuity and slander because she spoke up. Some JWs are outstanding examples of great parenting, aren't they?

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

I am so looking forward to seeing the results of the RC. I hope they stick it to them..

Thanks for the comments guys.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

It's utterly disgusting to me when mothers choose their religion over their abused children!

I did the opposite, completely supported our daughter even if that meant looking bad to the elders and congregation. Of course it lead to us leaving the religion and therefore loosing everybody we knew including close relationships we once had with family.

While it's been an up hill battle I don't regret it for a second.

Well she struggles with trust issues and effects from the abuse she also knows we have her back and will help her anyway we can to get her what she needs to move forward.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

Aprostate Exam, thank you for sharing your heartbreaking story. It hits home. How did your brother pass?

truthseekriam It is because of your love for your daughter in standing up for her, that's saved her from further traumatization. Thank you for being an excellent mother.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Thanks for sharing bro, The pain never seems to go, hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit