can I have my p.m.s deleted?

by sowhatnow 8 Replies latest forum tech-support

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I would greatly appreciate it , please please, to have all my private messages deleted.

and Ill thank you much!

[there is also one post Id like to have removed if possible,

and is there also a way to get my photos on all my old posts, replaced with a random avatar?]

• bohm
    bohm

If the admins figures out a solution I might also like to have some pms deleted in a week or two

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

We should have the ability to delete our own Pms. I cant see why we would have to even ask for it.

We should also be able to edit our own posts at any time, the post should show when it was edited and who by and also a drop down box when doing the edit to select the reason for the edit including "removal of personal information". Most other forums i use allow all this.

Sure some would abuse that to alter their poor forum behaviours, but they would be in the minority.

reddit doesnt let you delete stuff inc PMs and is a huge turn off for me in using it.

• Simon
    Simon

Most sites that "delete" things only give the appearance of things being deleted. For various reasons including dealing with abuse, most things need to be retained.

Even if you could delete the things you've sent or received, the other person would still have it (one reason why it's typically a flag rather than being actually deleted).

But for those who like to have a clean mailbox I can see it being useful so will look at what I can do.

The post editing limits are also to prevent abuse and 'game playing'. I do hope to get away from the fixed limit so things can still be edited later (but the change made need review / approval to keep the protection)

• Island Man
    Island Man
    can I have my p.m.s delted?

Yes. Just get a hysterectomy - or wait until you reach menopause.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Thanks Simon.
  • SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Was this ever resolved? Can they be deleted?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I too like to keep a clean mailbox, and would like to have a way to delete or hide all the old pms

• Simon
    Simon

This might actually be easier to do now since I made some other changes to the PMs. I'll have another look at it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit