Should Charity Organizations Be Forced To Be Transparent As To Where The Money Goes? Watchtower's Financial Books Should Be Made Public

by Brokeback Watchtower 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• tiki
    tiki
    Absolutely!! And thanks for the info re the recommendations. Society has become such that the charitable entities all too often use their exempt status to cloak less than ethical transactions. As for the wtbts their secretiveness re fiscal activities makes me seriously question their legitimacy.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think that, in general, Western society is leaning this way more and more.

Especially when people clue in to the fact that they, as taxpayers, are effectively funding the dissemination of (and recruitment for) extremist beliefs when religious groups like the WTS get tax-free status.

Revoking tax-exempt status would be a very effective way to keep a leash on said extremist religions without "persecuting" them.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Yes, simply because one would assume it's common sense.
  • JHK
    JHK
    "For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light"...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'd say we're closer to this now than we were, say, five years ago.
  • getanewplanstan
    getanewplanstan

In the US, some States require non-religious charities to file financial reports, such as to the Attorney Generals Office. Reading them is interesting. The ones who do cold calling on the telephone make millions, but give only a token to their supposed charity. The rest are administration fees.

The reason Bethel facilities in the US are so big is because they found themselves with huge amounts of money coming in and nowhere to spend it. The more buildings they brought, required more workers, which required more buildings, etc. etc. A large amount of the jobs at bethel have low production expectations and the whole reason to be there is "to be at Bethel".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit