New songs at meetings

by Saltheart Foamfollower 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lemonp
    Lemonp
    it's a crappy song, something happened to the new song book and made all the composers forget how to rhyme
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I remember some very embarrassing moments in the congregation trying to sing some of the songs in the 1970`s

Nothings changed I see.

smiddy

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    My impression was everyone was lost. And totally indifferent. Back in the old days the jw songs sucked too but they were around forever. I remember my grandparents singing them all the time from memory. This new crap no one will ever sing from memory because they can't even sing it with the music and words right there.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

When I was a kid I used to sing those awful songs with gusto, my favorite was "from house to house, from door to door ..."

Yuck! I'm thankful my self respect never had to take a hit singing them as an adult.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Remember the one that said something along the lines of, "like bees that were molested?" What? Creepy!
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    ToesUp15 minutes ago
    Remember the one that said something along the lines of, "like bees that were molested?" What? Creepy!

Lol Toes, somewhat prophetic, wouldn't you say?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Or the one that had the line: (about children)

"They are gifts from God, He says use the Rod"

Seriously? And Jackson said the org was AGAINST corporal punishment!?!?

Hypocrite.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There was one about, "stimulate our brothers." Oh the memories! lol

• pixel
    pixel

When this new songbook came out, they said this:

16 For that and other reasons, the Governing Body approved the publication of a new songbook entitled Sing to Jehovah. The number of songs in our new book has been reduced to 135. Because there are fewer songs to learn, it should be possible for us to memorize the lyrics of at least some of the new songs. This is in harmony with Paul’s counsel recorded at Ephesians 5:19.—Read. - w10 12/15 p. 23

So, what's the count now? 135+ new songs = 142.

Old songbook had 225. Slowly but surely getting into the 200s again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit