Hey check out this riddle

by bigboi 14 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi

billiant Zazu you got it. It stumped everyone including Farkel in the chat last night.

Peace out,

bigboi

• Farkel
    Farkel

Bigboi,

You didn't mention you provided the solution within about sixty seconds of posing the problem. Is that your definition of "stumping" someone? Your excuse was that someone else had said they had given up so I guess you had assumed everyone had given up. I was still thinking about it when you decided to post the answer.

If you are going to make statements like you did and use people's names, at least provide all the facts first.

Farkel

• Liberated
    Liberated

---"Well, if the people of the Village of Truth never lie, simply ask both to point to the path which leads to the Village of Truth...then take the path!----

So the truth teller points to the path that leads to the village of Truth and the liar points to the other path. You don't know which one is the liar or which is the truth teller.

However, if you ask them, "If I ask you if this path leads to the village of Truth, will you say yes?"

If it is the correct path: the truth teller will say yes and the liar will say yes. Then you ask them, "Is this the path that leads to the village of truth?" The truth teller will say yes and the liar will say no. You have discovered the liar.

If it is NOT the correct path: the truth teller will say no and the liar will say no. Then you ask them, "Is this the path that leads to the village of truth?" The truth teller will say no and the liar will say yes. Again, you have discovered the liar.

Actually, I liked the one about the beer the best.

Libby

• bigboi
    bigboi

Whoaaaa!!!! What the Fark!

Wow Farkel I'm sorry I named names when replying to a post about a friggin riddle.

I sense maybe a little sesitivity by some posters. See I learn quick huh Fark?

Peace Out(lighten up)

Bigboi

• unanswered
    unanswered

farkel-not trying to put myself in the middle of something or speak for bigboi, but if i had to guess, i think that if it weren't for the fact that you are generally respected as a smart guy, bigboi wouldn't have mentioned you as being "stumped". i would take it as a compliment.

sticking my nose in where no one asked me to-nate.:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit