Detox Diets

by bay64me 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bay64me
    bay64me

I started a detox diet a couple of days ago. I'm having headaches, (that I believe pass over a short period of time).

Anybody else detoxing at the moment?

Anybody got any experience of detoxing?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Bay,

If you take a lot of tylenol or advil etc. you could be having rebound headaches, anytime your body is use to something say caffeine etc. So if you drink coffee and aren't I assume to detoxify that is pretty normal. I haven't done this yet but I really have been thinking about it. Let me know how it goes

• Eric
    Eric

Bay,

For me it was fruit juices. Litres and quarts and gallons of fruit juices. Orange juice, grapefruit juice, cranberry, mixed fruit, vegetable cocktails like V8, I felt like they were helping purge the toxins out. Downside: I got the squirts so bad my sphincter glowed red.

But read what medical practitioners and MD's have to say:

http://www.unhooked.com/food&bev/Links/links.htm <Click it!

Eric

• Mary
    Mary

Bay, your headaches are quite normal when you're doing a detox. If you've cut out caffeine altogether, than this is a withdrawl symptom that you'll have for a day or two.

I don't know what kind of detox you're doing, but make sure it includes lots of fresh fruit and vegetable juices.

• Jade
    Jade

My husband and I both did detox and colon cleanses last year. We had major headaches coming off caffeine. Also, as the bad stuff starts passing through your system, you may get sick. It will come out in all different ways. Be sure you "dry brush" your skin while you are detoxing, that will help with the bad stuff that comes through your skin.

Jade

• auntiem
    auntiem

Ya know, I have been contemplating a detox diet for several weeks now but don't know how to go about it. Right now I don't have the resourses to buy a book at the health food store on the subject. Could someone email me that has done it and tell me how to get started and what to do?

Thanx!

aUnTiE M

• bay64me
    bay64me

Thanks for your responses.

Auntiem, the one I am doing is just basically fruit and veg, no wheat, dairy, fish, meat, tea, coffee or alcohol but plenty of water, about 2 litres per day.

Bay64me

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

When I did my last detox (it's been ages ago), my first day was one meal and the other two meals were fruits and juices. The second day I did the colon cleanse, and did the fruit juices, water, dry brushing, and resting. The third day, one meal was regular, the other two were fruit juices. Doing this once a month seems to keep the system clean. The headaches you are experiencing is your system unloading the toxins. They will pass! I always felt better after a cleanse, but you know it's different for each person. Some people think it's just silly.. but I definitely have felt it's beneficial effects, and that's just speaking for me.

Country Girl

• target
    target

This is something I have dealt a lot with. Juices and spring water is the basic detox diet, but what happens is you start dropping a LOT of toxins and that is what makes you sick and causes the headaches. There is a product that you can buy at healthfood stores, not the chain stores that sell their own brand, that is called Sonne #7. It is a liquid that is nothing but purified water and lava ash. It absorbs the toxins and takes them through your system without the headaches and flu type symptoms. I have used the product for over 25 years and know many people who use it with great results. Any time you take antibiotics you have a die off of bacteria that creates toxins and this stuff works great for that too. A lot of headaches people have are from toxins. We always have this stuff in the house. A couple of tablespoons (it has no taste) a few times per day when you are detoxing and you will feel great. An anti yeast diet causes die off of yeast and makes you really sick and again, this stuff takes care of it. Refrigerate it. It will not spoil.

I think it is time for me to go back on the detox diet myself. I do the juice and water thing for a few days and then just spring water for a day or two. You will drop a lot of water when detoxing.

Millie

• Jade
    Jade

Autiem,

My husband and I used products from ariseandshine.com . They have a lot of info on the subject. My husband lost 42 pounds doing that.

Jade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit