It's Snowing In Dallas!

by COMF 21 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

...which is about as rare as hen's teeth. And it's sticking (at least, at the moment... 11:30 AM)! I hope it keeps up all day and into the night.

• Gerard
    Gerard

...funny. In Minnesota we practicaly have not seen that for a couple of winters now...

• Xena
    Xena

NO WAY...geez and all we are getting is drizzle here in Austin...*sigh* ya'll get all the good stuff in Dallas

• Mike Goodwin
    Mike Goodwin

You call that snow? it's probobly more like cornflakes. You ought to come up to Nova Soctia Canada it's been snowing here steady for 2months! Hi my name is Mike I'm a former J.W. This is my first time trying this chat line.

• wildfire
    wildfire

COMF GOD IS ANSWERIING YOUR PRAYER.......YOU BROUGHT A CURSE WHEN YOU SAID YOU HATED THE BEEGEES............ PRAISE THE LORD........ ITS GODS TEARS CRYING FOR MAURICE............NUFF SAID.............A TRUE BLUE BEEGEE FAN.....FOREVER

• COMF
    COMF

Hi, Mike, and welcome! Yeah, we call it snow. In Dallas you take what you can get. If it puts two inches on the lawns overnight they'll shut down the schools and there'll be car wrecks all over the metroplex.

Edited by - COMF on 12 January 2003 13:10:3

• reporter
    reporter

Welcome to Canadian air!

Over the next couple of weeks, much of North America is supposed to get frigid temps with likely overnight freeze warnings in North to Central Florida, too. In S. Ont., here, the snow's come off the lake pretty good in the last week, but we were green for New year's! Wacky weather for sure. Places like Chicago (and Minnesota likely) are gonna see minus-numbers, or even minus-teens. Brrrr.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Wow! Too cool. I love the snow. It snowed in this valley, which is not uncommon, but less likely then up north, two days before Christmas. It was absolutely beautiful. It did stick overnight but the sun came and melted it rather quickly the next morning.

We have been experiencing drought conditions for a couple years now, so any moisture is a welcome sight. Getting ready to move into Colorado where hopefully we will see more of the white stuff during winter months. We are told the town we are relocating to sits in a valley surrounded by mountains that are snowed covered most of the year. I'm excited.

You enjoy this welcome change of pace. Maybe there will be enough snow on the ground to make a snowman, or maybe even have a snowball fight.

granny, who remembers and relishes in the memory of SNOW from her long ago childhood.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

comf.......give that back! That is ours......that was to be delivered here in MN!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

It's truly a sorry state of affairs when they have more snow in Dallas than they do in the Frozen Tundra !!!

COMF- if it stays- we'll expect snowman pictures or at least a good snowball fight. Don't waste this stuff !!

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit