Ozzie's Weekend Poll #34

by ozziepost 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

How's the weekend going for you? Mrs Ozzie and I have enjoyed entertaining visitors today. Mrs Ozzie prepared the lunch and I made the drinks! Our visitors were Baptist folk, so there was no shiraz today, out of respect for their sensibilities! We enjoyed our conversation about Dateline/Panorama/Sunday and they are taking a tape of the Sunday program to various church groups in the south of Sydney. Watch out Borg, the householders are getting wised up!

So, what shall we talk about this weekend in our poll? How about we think of the Last Days and the Big A?

So, this weekend's poll question is:

When you were, or still are, a Dub, how near was Armageddon to you?

1. It's sure to happen in the next twelve months.

2. We'll be in the paradise within five years.

3. It all happened invisibly in 1975.

4. Arm - a - geddon - outa - here!

5. Maybe in 2014.

6. When they've finished moving to Patterson.

7. Never.

8. Didn't really believe it, but it's a nice wish.

9. Could come anytime, but I'm not 'hanging my hat' on a date.

10. Other (please detail)

We'll be looking forward to your thoughts. Did you, or didn't you really believe it?

Enjoy your reminiscing.

Cheers, Ozzie

P.S. Mrs Ozzie says to say Hi!

Edited by - ozziepost on 12 January 2003 4:17:23

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Definately #9, especially with that "new light" that they forced all good dubs to swallow.

• Prisca
    Prisca

For me, it was a mixture of:

2. We'll be in the paradise within five years.

and

9. Could come anytime, but I'm not 'hanging my hat' on a date.

Give Mrs Ozzie a hug from me

• Mackin
    Mackin

20 years ago - 1. It's sure to happen in the next twelve months.

10 years ago - 2. We'll be in the paradise within five years.

5 years ago - 8. Didn't really believe it, but it's a nice wish.

Now - 7. Never.

Mackin (of the "how coud I ever have believed that" class)

• alfie
    alfie

# 's 1&2 Well, when I learned of the Bible's "promises" as told by the WBTS, back in ' 76,(my wife had known of it 7 years earlier), we both figured that we'd be in the New System within 5 years at the outside. Indeed as each Christmas passed, my darling would reassure us that this perhaps would be the last time we'd have to put up with Satan's world. We're still here and guess what, we had a fantastic Christmas in ' 02. Personally, I'm glad we decided to abandon that New System malarky for a real life.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!! Yes, I know I'm late, but "we were making rather merry",(a partial quote from the movie "Scrooge" starring Alistair Sims)

alfie

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

#8 It was a nice thought. But after you pound something like that in a persons head it loses all meaning.

Diamond

• TimeOut
    TimeOut

10. The exact day and hour is not known, however it would arrive before I graduated from high school. As a child I believed it because it was implied in WTS publications, family members said it, traveling WTS representatives said it, Anointed ones said it and it was implied in talks from the stage in the KH and assemblies. Year of high school graduation 1964.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

#10...my story same TimeOut....except Year of Graduation 1979

Lisa

• iggy_the_fish
  • CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi!

Number 7 & 8, Even as a kid in the "truth" I never really believed it.

Cyrus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit