Does anyone else get S.A.D.?

by Aztec 30 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Aztec, love your name. Anyway I am sad that you and many others suffer from S A D and for a long time I have told BigFloppyDog who is my best friend for around 20 yrs that I am sure she suffers from SAD. I know because I watch her and I can tell by her moods and bouts of depression. I hope puppy your not mad cause I'm talking about you. I am just trying to tell others that I have seen how awlful it is when you are like this. I try to get her laughing and let her win at SCRABBLE or BACKGAMMON in fact if she is reading this now she is probably laughing. I guess I am lucky that I don't suffer from this disorder. I do get Cabin Fever around February as winter seems to lag on. I know winter is a real Bitch with SAD. I was looking at the price for the lights for SAD or for any one for that matter as its good for everyone and they are quite pricey over 200$

Some health insurance companies will pay but for others it is quite steep. And for all you other friends that suffer my heart goes out to you. I will keep good thoughts for all of you.

All my love Orangefatcat.

PS. Love ya Puppy..

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I just wanna hibernate when winter hits. . .

ESTEE

• Aztec
    Aztec

Orangefatcat, I showed my son your avatar pic a sec ago and he just cracked up. You are a good friend to the puppy it seems. I am fortunate that I do not have a severe case of S.A.D. I know I can't afford those lights. $200? I wonder sometimes if it is just a mild case of manic/depressive disorder. I find when spring hits I tend to feel quite manic! Thanks for the reply!

~Aztec

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Aztec:

I too have the problem of my energy and mood going downhill mid October. My neighbor actually has a special light due to the severity of hers...suffice to say I don't see her ALL WINTER she get mean So in Summer we go back to the normal routine.

I live for sunny days in winter and we are really thinking of moving to Florida due to 6months of each year I am not myself at all. I gain weight, I sleep ALL the time and I am not productive it sucks...

• LDH
    LDH

(((((((((((ALL of you))))))))))

I grew up in Upstate New York, I used to get this every winter. I moved to Puerto Rico for a while and now I live in Fresno, CA. LAND OF SUN.

So, I am damn happy about 300+ days per year.

Lisa

• Introspection
    Introspection

You know, I think I used to have this but don't anymore. Of course, I used to be really depressed when I still had the aftertaste of JW life in my head, but it's been a few years now. I have gotten those full spectrum lights (had a folding one by Ott at my desk at work all the time, can be had for $40 now) and think it helped some. Also try some pumpkin seeds for a vegetarian source of tryptophan, which will help boost your seratonin level.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Robyn,

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice, I really do appreciate your concern, and just knowing you care, made me feel much better today. I will try the calcium, maybe it will help. It was my hubby's e-mail address, but I use it as mine. Thanx sweetie.

The puppy.

P.S. Oh Kitty, you are such a dear friend, I could never be upset. Thanx, hope to see you tonight.

Edited by - bigfloppydog on 13 January 2003 9:53:55

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

Hi aztec!

for some reason i've been feeling very positive and positve about this year since the start of this month, although i dont suffer from s.a.d.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Well, PD, that could be because you're such a hottie! How's your back btw?

I really am a very positive person. I just get a bit bummed out with so little sun. It's very sunny today however so that should tide me over for a bit. I'm playin hooky cause I skipped work so maybe I will go out and play in the snow for a bit.

~Aztec

Edited to add: Intro doesn't tryptophan make you sleepy? I'm already sleepy.

Edited by - Aztec on 13 January 2003 10:59:16

• Introspection
    Introspection

Aztec: Nah. You may be sleepy if you don't get enough sleep or if you over eat, but without some kind of imbalance it's not going to make you tired. People remark how the Thanksgiving turkey makes them sleepy, but they never notice how much they overeat!

Edited by - Introspection on 13 January 2003 22:18:30

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit