Friction between us

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Being a typical E-dub, I was real sensetive at first. I remember telling Francois and unc bruce to "kiss my ass". I found out they were just being like I am now.....a kidder sometimes. I took things way too serious for quite a while. (I still get pissed though )

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Mostly my posts are ignored, too, so its has rarely been an issue for me. When it happened, I was already getting sickened by some of the stuff I had seen here. I thought, it doesn't matter how carefully Simon and the moderaters work to keep this in check, some of the posters here are aggresive, homophobic and racist and moderating doesn't change the fact that that is what they are. I thought, I don't want to spend time in this place. Not being one for the dramatic YOU'VE ALL HURT MY FEELINGS, I AM LEAVING, BOO HOO kind of post, I just slipped away and sulked for a while..........

So I just did not post for a while. I was kind of hoping that someone would say, Hey, Where's Fe2O3Girl? HAHAHAHA then I woke up.

And decided not to quietly leave a place with so much potential for good.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey, Where's Fe2O3Girl? Anyone know? LOL

We love ya.....don't worry.

• JH
    JH

Fe2O3Girl

Anybody who loves cats are good people

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Here, too, I've read posts over this past year and half that would make a sailor blush. It was somewhat shocking at first, but I've come to appreciate moreso the "diversity" among those of us who share that common bond of JWism.

Generally I'm more disgusted with those who label so easily with the "racist" nonsense just because there is a difference of opinion. So for the most part I stay away from those 'flame wars.' It just isn't fun being stoned and burned at the stake over opinions - knowing neither side will change.

Besides, I still hold that this is a board for recovery...not more of the same Shame attacks we grew up with in that sickening religion. Today I'd rather maintain a more positive outlook towards others...even when I disagree. But, yeah, the name calling at times is pretty ridiculous for so called mature adults. AH...I'm busted. I do refer to JW's as anything but human at times. Oh well.

Live and let live.

granny linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit