Blood issu

by happy man 11 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

This blood issu is not so easy, we have our meeting last week about this, I ask the elder why he dont tell about his major components, and that we can take evry singel compponent how is taken out from this 4 major ones,he say this was so complicated, and think peopel have to read themselfs in WT 2000.

I can say this, i think it is good that Gb done this to a thing between you and the lord, perhaps evrything about the blood should be a conciens matter between us and the lord.

On the other hand, I saw on Sweed television yesterday abuot this hepatit C, thing several peopel are going to sue, the state, beaucause they have this decis from bloodtransfusions, and now are waiting to die, they say that a lot of times hospital use this things unessesary, and they have never noen that they hade blood, 900 people only in Sweden have hepatit C, I think that if we count how many how are dead in this using or not using blood, we have a much higer accont hwo is dead beaucause they have blood, aids , hepatit C and other, it i sems it is very dangerus to have blood today, and why did we never read about that peopel dying beacause of this, but if one die when they not have blood it is a lot of noice, in sweden i think perhaps we have 2 or 3 how die , when they not have blood, but compare this widh hundreds how die or hade bad things like aids, hepatitC beaucause they have blood ,somthing to think about.

I myself think that the bibels teching us to not take blood , is wisdom from the lord, the history show that it was much more dangerus than we now before, even today nowan can garante you that you not will have a dangerus sickness, if you take blood, so i think even if i was not Jw i will, not use blood, perhaps we see a ligt in the tunnel, when it comes to this blood compotnets from red blood cells, how can use oxigen like the new medecin named hemo pure, so if we look 5 or 10 years ahed, perhaps we can skipp blood transfusions.

And I think that all this high discusion on this site in this issu is , of the hate some have to JW, if we look on this issu widh neutral eye, i think we must say this polyci have not ben so bad fore most peopel, sure it have protect some from have bad disises, and even die.

And it is also my belive that much more people die beaucause they have blood , than beaucause they dont have.

• blondie
    blondie
    he say this was so complicated, and think peopel have to read themselfs in WT 2000.

Hi, happyman. Why is this too complicated, yet many complicated prophecies have been explained in WT books and magazines over the years, most recently Isaiah and Daniel? Jehovah's Witnesses are not directed to study the prophecies of Isaiah and Daniel on their own and make a decision, a decision that either way affects their future.

I think they need to study that information at the congregation level. They did at the elders school so that means the elders should be equipped to help the publishers understand it.

Blondie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

And it is also my belive that much more people die beaucause they have blood , than beaucause they dont have.

Can you back that with any facts and figures?

Sounds like a typical J W generalisation - although I would have said it myself at one time , before I found the truth about "The Truth"

Incidentally, if it is so dangerous to take whole blood or the four main constituants, why is it OK to take the smaller parts of blood since they all come from the same source??

I do not hear any health warnings frm the WTS about these "Fractions" . I suggest everybody should read the ajwrb website

• Beans
    Beans

Why do Jehovahs Witnesses only abstain from blood and not fat?

*** Reference Bible Leviticus 3:17 ***

17 "'It is a statute to time indefinite for YOUR generations, in all YOUR dwelling places: YOU must not eat any fat or any blood at all.'"

If you eat sausage hamburger your eating fat, so why only adhear to one rule and not the other?

• happy man
    happy man

Thanks fore your comments, blondie. Well i think this was a personal statment, i think some not is so famlijer widh this new polyci, that we can take some fractions, and dont talk so much about this, but fore me this is VERY GOOD.</P> I think this is a very important thing how going to save a lot of lifes, and this is the important thing , i think fore some the most important is to hunt GB not to find solutions how save lifes, and try to find ways to solv this problem.</P> some I have talk to say, never we take anything how come from blood, but from my point of wuie, this change is a very good thing fore ; most of JW, it is only a littel problem to get this out to peopel, I have told a lot, and some are very surprised.</P> If someone here now more about the work widh this HEMO PURE, please tell it here, the purpus is to save lives, i hope even fore most of you, we must also have understanding that fore some this blood law is very important, and it is in the bibel, from the law dont kill you fellow man, as former Jw i am sure you all now the bigg importens of blood is in bibel, and how we treat it.</P> one thing ;as i was thinking about on this meting about the blood, was how we deal widh our kidds, they say we have a resposibilaty fore them, but from what age?</P> My teen dotter say to mee, she dont care, i have no power over her, she decide herself, I must say young peopel today is very edjucatded when it comes to diffrent things, when i was 13 i never have the currige to qestion my parents, as the do today, on god and bad.</P> widh love from HM
  • outnfree
    outnfree

Happyman,

I think you would be hardpressed to find a medical authority today who would agree that more people die from infected blood products than would have died if they refused blood transfusions altogether. There is nothing artifically available that beats human red blood cells for their oxygen-carrying properties. Have you found professional medical literature that says otherwise?

As for hepatitis C -- it is a real concern to health professionals. I remember years ago while the AIDS epidemic was coming to light and scaring many that my dentist, questioned by me (then a Dub) on why his questionnaire asked if any of his patients had recently been transfused, told me it was because of the dangers of hepatitis C (I think there's also a D? or C/D strain out there now?). Apparently, hepatitis C is very strong and long-lived outside the human body, whereas HIV is not. So, yes, tainted blood is a very real concern, and screening processes keep being improved.

I also think blondie has a very valid point. For things that are "difficult to understand" but critical to everlasting life, the "faithful and discreet slave" have always endeavored to make them known to Jehovah's people (right?). If the elders on the Hospital Liaison Committees (no better educated than the average JW except with the materials provided them by the Society) can grasp these issues, why not explain them to ALL whose eternal life is hanging in the balance? If all 100% of blood components are okay to use, but not together at the same time, why not let the brothers and sisters know this? That is the teaching, is it not (even if it sounds ludicrous)?

Of course we know why not. It's because then Jehovah's Witnesses will no longer be under the delusion that they are actually adhering without compromise to the principles at Acts 15:28, 29 which they (alone out of any other Bible-believing sect) have been taught means "NO blood!" Period. End of discussion.

That would <gasp!> mean JWs were not unique any longer! That would mean that the loved ones who died for lack of whole blood (and even for lack of NOW-PERMITTED components) died in vain. And that would be very uncomfortable to explain. To explain how the God for Whom the GB is the mouthpiece on earth changed his mind and didn't really want those [child and adult] martyrs to die for a "right principle" that was actually wrong!

Happy man, for YOURSELF, choose what you will. Choose carefully and, no, don't take blood where it is unnecessary. But, as your daughter asked, let HER choose for HERSELF, too, according to her conscience, and according to the recognized illogic of the Watchtower dogma.

Kind regards,

outnfree (who also has children who have a JW foundation but who think pretty much for themselves these days! )

• twain30
    twain30

The two Service Meeting parts on blood carefully skirted the issue of blood fractions, fractions of fractions, etc. Alot of pressure was put on the publishers to fill out the Durable Power of Attorney Form, the elders were to make sure that all filled out this form. The video, "No Blood-Medicine Meets The Challenge" which we were asked to view prior to this meeting in a sense accredited Jehovah's Witnesses with the necessity for the medical community to develop blood re-circulation equipment, fibrin glue, cell salvage, hormone stimulants, and other methods to reduce blood loss. The disguised point being that instead of not caring about life and blood Jehovahs Witnesses have because of their stand helped thousands to obtain neater, more efficient surgeries with minimal blood loss. Intersetingly toward the end of this video the point was made that in 5-10 yrs. bloodless surgery was going to become the standard due to all the advancements being made and that all of this was going to become a mute point.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I think thats what they are holding out all hope for instead of changing their policy. But what does the medical profession say about the need for blood transfusions in the future? Is it realistic to expect that they won't be needed? Do the witnesses think that maybe the more pressing problem of frequent blood shortages has led to the medical community wanting to make advancements in bloodless surgery technology? I'm sure that the number of witness patients needing a blood transfusion is quite minimal compared to the amount of patients in general.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

"And it is also my belive that much more people die beaucause they have blood , than beaucause they dont have."

HM,

I do not know if it of any consolation to you, but in a local (finnish) forum is one JW that goes on and on with what you just stated. He does it in spite of many refutations by medically trained persons.

Mark

finn djvul

• happy man
    happy man

Hello my finnish friend.

kan du svenska, avslutningen tyder p det, i s fall, kan vi ju ta disskusitionen p svenska, d min engelska r dlig, srskilt nr man ger sig in p svra omrde som blodet.

hlsar HM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit