Help finding Watchtower or Awake Showing "We Can't Kill Apostates Now" 1954 Mag?

by ReligionOfHatred 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

About 3 years. My lodge has raised money through community events, to help the foundation to prevent blindness. Also we have a fund to help kids with dyslexia...where we volunteer directly too.

Other lodges might be involved with helping homeless vets, or 'meals on wheels.'

My lodge has also worked with the local PBS affiate to help raise money for the above.

Plus, there's the fraternal aspect of it. The demographics/age might vary. Mine's kind of like a more civilized version of a college frat. Most of us are married, family types, so not too crazy. No philandering, but varying amounts of alcohol, depending on the occasion. Got a few vets, some professionals, some blue collar guys, even a couple of gay dudes. We all give each other hell, and have a few derogatory nicknames for each other. But we're all bros. (We just don't call each other "Bro this & bro that") 😄

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Thanks for the info.

Checked their Alberta site - their philosophy seems interesting.

We just don't call each other "Bro this & bro that"

(BTW - they actually put "Bro" in their contact info - kind of funny)

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555
    In the WT of 15.07.92 p. 12, 13 it is said to hate apostates.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

ReligionOfHatred:

Please send this link to your lawyer..

www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/apostates.php

Here are just a few highlights..

Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name, Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father, Satan, apostates target people of integrity. (John 8:44)

No wonder servants of Jehovah avoid all contact with them!"

The Bible says that apostates are mentally diseased and that they use their teachings to make others think like them. (1 Timothy 6:3, 4) Jehovah is like that good doctor. He clearly tells us to stay away from false teachers. We must always be determined to follow his warning.
    What must we do to avoid false teachers? We do not speak to them or invite them into our houses. We also do not read their books, watch them on television, read what they write on the Internet, or add our own comments about what they write on the Internet. Why are we so determined to avoid them?
    "True Christians share Jehovah's feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they "feel a loathing" toward those who have made themselves God's enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance."
    "The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you "

(Full credit goes to Jwfacts of course)

Please do let us all know how the case goes, especially if the Judge reacts to any of these quotes..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nov 15, 2011 WT - "The prophet Elisha sent one of the sons of the prophets to anoint Jehu as king and to instruct him to kill every male of the apostate house of Ahab.—2 Ki. 8:28; 9:1-10." "Though the thought of violence is unpleasant, we should realize that in those days, Jehovah used his servants to carry out his judgments.... Today, no servant of Jehovah uses physical force against opponents of pure worship. “Vengeance is mine,” God says. (Heb.10:30) But to rid the congregation of potentially corrupting influences, Christian elders may have to act with courage similar to that of Jehu. (1 Cor. 5:9-13) And all members of the congregation need to be determined to avoid the company of disfellowshipped individuals.— 2 John 9-11." "Jehu announced that he intended to hold “a great sacrifice” for Baal. (2 Ki. 10:18, 19) “This is a clever play on words on the part of Jehu,” says one scholar. While the term employed here “generally means ‘sacrifice,’ it is also used of the ‘slaughter’ of apostates.” "It is true that Jehu spilled much blood. Yet, the Scriptures present him as a courageous man...

Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower pp.703-704 - We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."? Deut. 13:6-11, AS.Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

• ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred

Dear Friends, thank you so much! I need a professional Jehovah Witness Expert for the Central Coast San Luis Obispo to testify before a Judge, I will pay your hourly wage, please help me find someone in San Luis Obispo County who can testify the way they treat Apostates. I can pay you $150-$200 a hour, please help me find someone who can help me! '

I will provide my phone number, this is my gift to my parents I love so much! My parents are good people and love Jehovah God and his Son, Grandma and Grandpa are the best, they love very much! My gift to my parents is going on my Student Loan, so please don't charge me $300+ a hour.

This is going to court, do you think Ray Publisher would video tape this entire debacle since he is a professional video and tv man?

• pixel
    pixel

we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent

Wow

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Along with the articles on killing apostates, it's good to show Duet 18:20-23, about the prophet who presumes to speak in Gods name and the test if the prophet is true or not. It says if not true he is to be put to death.

Then show what the first page of the awake magazine said for many years to the effect of, "The creators promise that those who saw the events of 1914 would not perish until armageddon comes" or something like that. And some articles about the GB being modern day prophets. So the GB put WORDS in God's mouth and promises he didn't make. Ask the person did Jehovah lie, did he make a promise those born 1914 wouldn't die until the end? Or were those man's words?

So since according to the OT the GB are false prophets, they are to be executed, but due to the laws of the land and the laws of Jesus they can't be executed, so they are to be disfellowshipped for false prophecy, shunned, and await death at armageddon.

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    (BTW - they actually put "Bro" in their contact info - kind of funny)

Yep, and you'll get that at ceremonial events too. We have a Scottish Rite temple nearby which only accepts 'Master Masons' in good standing, from smaller Lodges. They're supposedly a little more formal with the 'brother' terminology, and comprised of an older (more traditional) generation. At our lil' lodge, we're less formal amongst ourselves (younger gen too), unless there's a 'ceremony' of some kind. I know it sounds kind of silly, because sometimes it really is, but more in a frathouse sort of way, NOT like in a literal 'life or death,' "your salvation depends on it" way.

Oh, and at the Lodges, only a little alcohol during dinners, ect. There might be some 'dry' halls as well. On our OWN time, however, it's a different story. As long as you can keep it in check. If you develop a reputation as a bar-room brawler, I'm thinking you might be shown the door.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    JWFacts has a lot of information on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit