Belching Gun on Fitzwater Case

by AlanF 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AlanF
    AlanF

The following material is far more than a smoking gun -- it's a flash picture of a gun belching fire.

In connection with Bill Bowen's Las Vegas news conference today, Bill released the following documents to the public:

http://www.silentlambs.org/fitzwaterscan1

http://www.silentlambs.org/fitzwater%20001scan2

These are scans of a standard report from the Circuit Overseer of the Yerington, Nevada congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to the Watchtower Society's Service Department, to which all CO's make such reports. You'll see that not only the local Yerington elders, but the CO, the Service Department and a passel of local JWs all knew about the 17 girls that Dan Fitzwater was accused of molesting. Yet the only real complainants were the rank & file JWs in the congregation, the parents and associates of the molested girls. The documentation proves that elders, the CO and the Watchtower Society conspired together to cover up all these molestation cases.

For the record, the scans are of an addendum that was attached to a pre-printed form letter that CO's send to the Watchtower Society after their weekly visits. That's why the page numbering is a bit hard to decipher.

Below is my attempt to type up the difficult-to-read scans.

4. Concerning the matter regarding Brother Dan Fitzwater (now at Lovelock Cong., Lovelock, NV; see his letters dated 12/6/96 and 3/14/94). He has been accused of child molesting but he denies it. Many friends complain that the elders are not doing enough as far as handling the Fitzwarter case. Some of these ones including entire families have threathened to never come back to the congregation. Yerington is a small town and any news spreads fast. Many townspeople know concerning this alleged case of child abuse. Some prominent persons in Yerington keep asking the elders if this situation has been resolved and if the wrongdoer has been dealt with.

This ordeal has given Jehovah's Witnesses a bad reputation and may be bringing reproach on God's name. Recently, two sisters visiting Yerington from another area noticed posted on the town bulletin board the new tract #34 with the words "FOR INFORMATION ON CHILD MOLESTATION CONTACT DAN FITZWATER IN BOTH SPANISH AND ENGLISH KINGDOM HALL OF JW'S, YERINGTON, NV 89447. The elders have this tract on file.

There are 17 girls that have accused Dan Fitzwater of child molesting. Five of these girls are from Yerington the rest from other states. The ones that are local are the following: Tina XXX, Mandy XXX, Annette XXX, Danielle XXX, and Dawn XXX (put inside a foster home). These have been interviewed by the Sheriff and the District Attorney (all have given written depositions). Richard XXX (Tina's Dad) and his family have decided to not come to meetings since he feels the elders are doing nothin. He is taking this matter to court before the statute of limitations runs out (it nearly has expired).

Some time ago (when Brother Fitzwater had already left Yerington Cong), Brother Richard XXX asked Brother David D. Callaham (PO) to accompany him to Dan Fitzwater's daughter XXX in order to question her as to whether Dan Fitzwater had molested her. Brother Callaham agreed to go. It was mentioned however at our elders meeting that it would have been prudent if an investigative committee was set up by the body instead of having Brother XXX who is not a servant be involved in that "investigation".

Tina XXX (12 yrs old) attempted to commit suicide and was later sent to a rehabilitation home. The XXX have hired attornies to press charges and sue Dan Fitzwater for over $40,000 that it cost him to help his daughter under rehabilitation. Tina XXX accuses Dan Fitzwater of molesting her while she was being babysitted by Dan and his wife when the XXX were out of town.

continued on page 2.

PAGE: 2
    Supplement S(d)-303, Yerington Cong. NV#1
    Dated: 1/7-12/97

Tina Churchfield wrote me a letter asking 4 questions: "1. Is the Lovelock congregation going to disfellowship Dan?...(if he doesn't know)....2. So then basically if you don't, then you're tempting to let him hurt other people?....(If you are)....3.Why did you let be run, he was in Fallon the be moved to Lovelock?.....(amy).....4. Why don't you just disfellowship him, now!?.....Sincerely Tina.

I suggested that an investigative committee be formed and to meet with Brother Dan Fitzwater from Lovelock. Yerington has not fully communicated with the Lovelock elders, but things seem to be improving.

This case is severely damaging the spirit of the congregation; a major part of the congregation being affected. There are at least 12 publishers (all regular and active) plus 5 inactive publishers who are complaining that elders are not resolving this matter and not punishing Dan Fitzwater. They just will not let go of this matter despite encouragement and special needs talks given. Hopefully the friends will leave matters in Jehovah's hands (Pr.16:3) and "show a waiting attitude for him".(La.3:24)

It is discomforting to mention such disappointing news. We pray that Jehovah through his powerful holy spirit will resolve these issues in his own due time so that peace may be restored here in the Yerington Congregation.

Thank you Brothers.

unitedly serving Jehovah, your Brother

Michael S. Emillio

Edited by - AlanF on 11 January 2003 0:34:56

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Ok, I'm confused, it doesn't appear to be signed, or anything? Would be hard to prove this was there letter, without letterhead, and a signature.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Actually, T_H, it had the name of the CO printed at the bottom (oops, I missed this; I've edited and corrected the text to include this), Michael S. Emillio.

I'm not surprised that this addendum had no signature, as the signature would have been on the pre-printed form that this was attached to. This letter originally came from court records in a case related to the Fitzwater fiasco.

AlanF

• detective
    detective

Alan please check under the page two heading as it appears you may have left in the last name of one of the victims(?)

Thanks for the info.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    4. Concerning the matter regarding Brother Dan Fitzwater (now at Lovelock Cong., Lovelock, NV; see his letters dated 12/6/96 and 3/14/94). He has been accused of child molesting but he denies it. Many friends complain that the elders are not doing enough as far as handling the Fitzwarter case. Some of these ones including entire families have threathened to never come back to the congregation. Yerington is a small town and any news spreads fast. Many townspeople know concerning this alleged case of child abuse. Some prominent persons in Yerington keep asking the elders if this situation has been resolved and if the wrongdoer has been dealt with.

Letters were sent as far back as March of 94 this document shows. Letters, of course we have no idea as to what was said, but it clearly slows a pattern, one that not only show they obviously were relying on the 2 witness rule as the letter goes onto say he denies it and has not been disfellowshipped. The obvious cover-up gets thicker as the letter goes on.

What really struck me with the above paragraph is this statement:

Some prominent persons in Yerington keep asking the elders if this situation has been resolved and if the wrongdoer has been dealt with.

Prominent persons? Why would Mr. Emillio be concerned over prominent people? What was the purpose in this statement? It seems he has more regard for prominent people then the victims themselves. Sickening!!

Not once does he mention the welfare of the victims families or the victims but seems to be more concerned over these so-called prominent people. Agruhhhhhhhh I did not think that the JWs were supposed to give a damn about worldly people. This attitude by Mr. Emillio concerns me almost as much as his blatant disregard for the victims. Why would the society care to know this fact? Why are the elders speaking to prominent community memners? Am I reading too much into this?

This ordeal has given Jehovah's Witnesses a bad reputation and may be bringing reproach on God's name. Recently, two sisters visiting Yerington from another area noticed posted on the town bulletin board the new tract #34 with the words "FOR INFORMATION ON CHILD MOLESTATION CONTACT DAN FITZWATER IN BOTH SPANISH AND ENGLISH KINGDOM HALL OF JW'S, YERINGTON, NV 89447. The elders have this tract on file.

Whoever posted that tract needs a medal! Again he seems to focus on giving the witnesses a bad reputation. Amazing.

There are 17 girls that have accused Dan Fitzwater of child molesting. Five of these girls are from Yerington the rest from other states. The ones that are local are the following: Tina XXX, Mandy XXX, Annette XXX, Danielle XXX, and Dawn XXX (put inside a foster home). These have been interviewed by the Sheriff and the District Attorney (all have given written depositions). Richard XXX (Tina's Dad) and his family have decided to not come to meetings since he feels the elders are doing nothin. He is taking this matter to court before the statute of limitations runs out (it nearly has expired).

Why were these girls moved to a foster home? Do you have more information, Alan? I also note how he is quite aware of the statute of limitations and brings this to light to the WTS. I also wonder how long these family's were "stalled" in order to assure this timeframe passed. I am sure this tactic is widly employed by the elders.

Tina XXX (12 yrs old) attempted to commit suicide and was later sent to a rehabilitation home. The XXX have hired attornies to press charges and sue Dan Fitzwater for over $40,000 that it cost him to help his daughter under rehabilitation. Tina XXX accuses Dan Fitzwater of molesting her while she was being babysitted by Dan and his wife when the XXX were out of town.

This poor girl tried to take her life because of a mans deviant behaviour and all he can comment on is the small amount of money they are asking for counseling?!?!?!

Tina Churchfield wrote me a letter asking 4 questions: "1. Is the Lovelock congregation going to disfellowship Dan?...(if he doesn't know)....2. So then basically if you don't, then you're tempting to let him hurt other people?....(If you are)....3.Why did you let be run, he was in Fallon the be moved to Lovelock?.....(amy).....4. Why don't you just disfellowship him, now!?.....Sincerely Tina.
    I suggested that an investigative committee be formed and to meet with Brother Dan Fitzwater from Lovelock. Yerington has not fully communicated with the Lovelock elders, but things seem to be improving.
    This case is severely damaging the spirit of the congregation; a major part of the congregation being affected. There are at least 12 publishers (all regular and active) plus 5 inactive publishers who are complaining that elders are not resolving this matter and not punishing Dan Fitzwater. They just will not let go of this matter despite encouragement and special needs talks given. Hopefully the friends will leave matters in Jehovah's hands (Pr.16:3) and "show a waiting attitude for him".(La.3:24)

Again ignoring the victims and only showed concern for the publishers. I wonder if he answered this letter? I wonder how he answered her? Wait on Jehovah? All will be revealed when he is ready?!?!?!

Michael S. Emillio I wonder how much blood is on your hands according to your faith?

I am surprised there are not more comments about this as it certainly more then a smoking gun. Thank you Alan for bringing this to our attention. Thank you Bill and associates for making it available.

Memories of anger and confusion are surfacing...

Edited by - cassiline on 11 January 2003 3:51:26

• chasson
    chasson

Hi Alan,

In which format are the two scans? (Jpeg, gif ?). I can't open them.

Bye

Charles

• avishai
    avishai

Disgusting.

Capital Punishment is to good for these bastards that cover it up & enable this to happen. They are not just passive ministers, they're accesories to a crime. I hope they all get the sh*t sued out of them

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Alan,

When connecting to the two links you provided all I could see were control characters and other clutter on the monitor.

Goshawk

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I don't know why you all can't see the scans as I can see then just fine. I hope you will be able to see them. Alan has typed exactly what the scans say above.

• somebody
    somebody
    He has been accused of child molesting but he denies it.

Notice how well the Watchtower Society's "aggressive policy against child molesters" works to protect children in their own congregations?

From the Watctowers media site:

"When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence, with elders also there. If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time. Why not? As a Bible-based organization, we must adhere to what the Scriptures say, namely, "No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin . . . At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good." (Deuteronomy 19:15)"

Watchtower followers will continue to follow and adhere to the Watchtower's rules at the cost of how many childrens' lives?

peace,

gwen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit