do you think that there is a big exodus due from t

by dannywalsh 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• garybuss
    garybuss

Better education nets less use of superstition and religion to explain things like life and death. The technology generation proudly emerging today, uses facts and reality rather than superstition and fear.

A reasonable approach often used by the rational thinker is to challenge and expose the assumptions and the prejudices. A secular study of the origin of the sacred texts and the political role they played in history, as well as a secular study of the Hebrew people and their concessions and confessions, objectifies the assumptions and stops any thesis based on those assumptions from taking on a reality.

The net affect is, dogmatic claims are difficult to sell to the rational, realistic thinker.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Is it a contest?

Is the religion with the greatest number of converts true?

Or does the religon with the greatest number of converts BECOME true?

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

Let's face it. There's negative to zero growth in the Western world where it matters (read money!).

The third world offers growth potential, but it's desperately poor. And we know how tight the Borg is with it's precious dollars.

A friend of mine offered this tantalizing possibility from the Borg. New "light" regarding birth control, and prohibiting it! What better way to grow the Borg from within?

Just my 2 cents.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

:A friend of mine offered this tantalizing possibility from the Borg. New "light" regarding birth control, and prohibiting it! What better way to grow the Borg from within?

Interesting. I can see some future WT study articles about how Godly it is to bear children, complete with cheesy photos depicting smiling adults with small children. (For those of you who haven't been to meetings in a while, it is now customary for the WT conductor to ask for comments about the photographs in the article.)

• Farkel
    Farkel

I know one thing is for sure: each dub who leaves the Watchtower and discovers how thoroughly rotten they really are is going to broadcast that fact at every opportunity. That alone could prevent hundreds of people for ever considering joining that religion for every one who leaves because of Watchtower wickedness. Furthermore, each person who has younger children who leaves and discovers how rotten the Watchtower leaders are is going to make sure his/her children know enough about the religion to never want to join. Those very same children will undoubtedly get opportunities to tell other children what they know and this will prevent those other children and all of THEIR friends and friends of their friends from every wanting to become a dub, too.

People who leave most other churches just leave and forget about it. Not so with people who leave Watchtower slavery and abuse. They tend to be VERY vocal about it.

So it's not just the numbers of people who leave the Watchtower who are creating big problems for Watchtower leaders, but also all of those people the leavers will and do talk to about it.

The Watchtower deserves this. They deserve exactly what they get. They are evil men, plain and simple.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 12 January 2003 20:3:56

• heathen
    heathen

The last I heard from people in the WT was that they are growing faster than they can build halls to accomodate people .I think you will see a mass exodus from other religions due to corruption and people looking more to the fundamental forms of christianity be it practicing in their own homes with family and freinds or finding smaller churches with less bad publicity.

• edp81
    edp81

I don't know about that growth factor. I used to pass a Kingdom Hall every Sunday on my way to church and they haven't built a new building or even an addition in about 18 years.

One the that is different with dubs than with other Christians is that it seems that if someone leaves wt that they won't just go to another church like everybody else. It seems like these people will probably shun religion altogether. Maybe I am way off though.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Re birth control: it would require some major changes for them to go this route. First of all, its seems too "Catholic." And for many years they have leaned against having children, with us being so close to the end and all. They would have to admit that this system may last a while longer(which it seems a lot of dubs have already realized).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit