MAJOR TV SHOW TO DISCUSS JW CHILD ABUSE

by Scully 170 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

I remember that '82 show! We weren't allowed to watch it. Besides, we were at the meeting! Talk about info contol.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

hmmm ....

WE'RE ROLLING!!!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

xjw_b12 said,

I think Bob McKewon has it in for the WT.

Yeah, I think you're onto something - every twenty years, LIKE A PERPETUAL CALENDAR, this McKewon guy does a story revealing true events related to The Watchtower.

His persecution of them is incessant! EVERY TWENTY YEARS! Oh, God, make it stop! Make it Stop! Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!

You're right, xjw_b12, he is all over them... like white on coal.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 22 January 2003 10:12:10

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I have a question about video formats: in the USA, we use the NTSC VHS format as the standard.

Australia and Europe use the PAL VHS standard.

Which does Canada use?

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 22 January 2003 10:11:21

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I hope you don't take me the wrong way .... Nathan ... but it is really the senior producer who assigns the "host" for the show and not Mr. McKeown.

Its the producers who are behind the camera that do all the leg work and get things set up. In this case, CBC invested in a lot of help. The National's senior producer originally assigned Liam Mitchell as producer for the National show on this issue. The intent was to do a 10 to 20 minute piece for the National. I gave him everything I had and introduced him to some wonderful people.

Then Liam was promoted to produce shows up in Ottawa. The National senior producer was just about to assign another producer when, just before Vicki's trial started, Linda Guerriero at the 5th Estate became interested. Senior producers of both shows had major discussions and I personally put my 2 cents in at the time too and Linda Guerriero was assigned as producer. Usually it is one producer per show at the 5th Estate with an associate producer but there was a lot to do. So a second producer, Leora Eisen was assigned. Her role - go on asisgnment with McKeown and do the interviewing. Both ladies did the editing of the show with the 5th Estate's editor and of course CBC legal did their reviews as well to ensure a lawsuit will not occur. Also becuase of the volume of material uncovered an associate producer was assigned.

Mr. McKeown did some of the interviews and will act as host for this one hour show but it is a real big team of people in and out of CBC who have invested some serious coin to put this puppy together for you.

Will you like it or not? Who knows? Will their be screw ups - likely. Will you wish something was done differently - no doubt. But we try our best to get the media the required information, as Bill Bowen and others did so well in their preliminary interviews to CBC - in order that we help them direct this show down the proper path.

Now .... please .... don't forget at the end of tonight's show at about 9:50 to 9:55 pm you will get the "leeder" or promo for next week's show on the 5th Estate - so tell all your JWs friends to watch tonight's 5th Estate show on CBC starting at 9:00 pm without telling them what the leeder into next week's show will be. It might light a spark.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 22 January 2003 10:43:33

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hawk,

I think you might have misunderstood my use of hyperbole and sarcasm in my reply to XJW's post.

Just for the record, I think the show is A-OK, eh?

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Thanks for the background, Hawk.

I hope that the CBC puts some information about the coming show on the Fifth Estate website soon. Maybe they will after this weeks show.

It does make it easier to promote the show when I can send the link to people. I guess I am just lazy, eh.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Yes Concerned ... tonight after the first promo airs they will be working on getting something up for later on in the week. It should be likely about a paragraph in length and found under the title ...."Coming Up" in their web site.

Thanks for the clarification Nathan ... eh!!!

hawk

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Canada uses NTSC

• Room 215
    Room 215

This thread deserves another ride to the top of the pile...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit