All us on the board need to pitch in to help JanH

by jelly 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jelly
    jelly

JanH,

I have noticed several times when you refer to Americans you use the phrase 'merkins'. Now as far as slurs go that one is pretty lame, really I have lived here all my life (32 years) and I have never heard any American talk like that. So I think the whole board should chime in and seen if you can come up with a better slur for JanH.

So todays assignment is come up with a slur for Americans so the worlds most hostile little man can stop using that horrid little line.

Jelly (By the way in America Jans a girls name)

• mommy
    mommy

I can't believe I am doing this[8>]
    I have chatted with JanH several times in chat, and I don't find him hostile at all. You know me...always sticking up for the underdogHe seems to know alot more about America than I do too, I have live here 26 years.heehee
    wendy
    This has been edited....Sorry Jelly I pulled a cheap shot

• jelly
    jelly

the original post is fixed now.
    Jelly

• COMF
    COMF
    come up with a slur for Americans

How about "scum of the universe?"

Jelly (By the way in America Jans a girls name)

Uh... he knows that. Do you know what jelly, specifically the petroleum variety, is used for in America?

COMF

• JanH
    JanH

Jelly,

My oh my. What have you heard in your life? One thing you've not heard about is spelling and punctuation. You lived there all your life without learning even that butchered excuse called American English? What a disgrace.

Let me help you:

: I have noticed several times

Should be followed by a colon, or perhaps the word "that".

: when you refer to Americans

Comma.

: you use the phrase 'merkins'.

Very well. You do have punctuation symbols on your keyboard after all!

: Now as far as slurs go that one is pretty lame,

Tragic! When you used comma, you should have used a full stop.

: really

Comma!

: I have lived hear

"Hear" is what you do with your ears. "Here" is the word you were looking for.

: all my life (32 years)

Comma!

: and I have never heard any American talk like that.

Surprisingly, this sentence ends in a clause that is grammatically correct.

We'd leave aside right now that it is totally nonsensical. Who'd like to hear everyone talk like you, who are practically illiterate?

: So I think the whole board should chime in and seen

"seen"?

: if you can come up with a better slur for JanH.

I am afraid I have to stick with this simple "slur". If I allowed you to inspire me, I'm afraid it would be a word that would even offend Kent.

: So todays

Try "Today's". This is possessive!

: assignment is

Colon!

: come up with a slur for Americans

Comma!

: so the worlds

My oh my. What do you have against the possessive? Write "world's".

: most hostile little man can stop using that horrid little line.

: Jelly

Are you related to C. T. Russell, the self-proclaimed "jellyfish"?

: (By the way

Here you should place a punctuation symbol: a comma, or perhaps a colon.

: in America

Comma!

: Jans

You must use an apostrophe to mark that you are abbreviating "Jan is", like this: "Jan's"

: a girls

Try "a girl's"

Possessive. It is not the plural of "girl", which would conflict with the singular definite article.

: name)

Btw, in all parts of the world I know of, "jelly" is the name of a sweet substance used for desserts and on cakes, or alternatively the aforementioned sea organism.

You can hardly be named for being sweet, so I would guess you take your name from your lack of backbone.

- Jan
    --
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate." - Occam

• jelly
    jelly

Oh well, just trying to get you to focus and come up with a better one liner.

Jelly

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yah, Jan, are you a girly man? {said in my best hans n' franz voice}

I suggest a moniker which I could proudly wear: APD for, American pig dog. I already have the name trademarked for business use however; ie. American Pig Dog Graphics.

GPB for Great Pimp of Babylon might work too. My Iranian friends like to just call us "filthy" Americans. That works pretty good.

I like "Yanks" far better than "Jerks".

• larc
    larc

Jelly,

I have a male friend who was born and raised in the U.S. His name is Jan, so you were wrong on your attempted slur.

• mommy
    mommy

I can't believe I am doing this[8>]
    Ok, I think Jelly really regrets posting this now. Maybe we can let this thread be buried? No sense fighting amongst ourselves, we have plenty to fight for already.
    wendy

• jelly
    jelly

Actually no I don’t. I did not mean it to be so serious it was supposed to be a joke. I have read Jans threads and he does not seem to mind a little verbal rough play and I believe he needs a better one liner.
    Jelly (If this offends you get over it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit