online WT & Awake?

by Tyler_Durden 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyler_Durden
    Tyler_Durden

hey guys

anyone know of a website that has transcripts of the latest WT & Awake?

I've searched relevant sites and found nothing

tyler

• Happy
    Happy

I would love to find a site like that. I want to keep up to date on the teachings, but I don't feel like paying for a WT subscription.

Happy

Edited by - Happy on 9 January 2003 16:50:50

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Why would you want to continue to read that garbage? I'm puzzled, did you say pay for the subscription? Here in the US they are free or rather by donation.

• blondie
    blondie

The magazines are no longer mailed on a subscription basis.. You must be a JW attending some of the meetings and pick them up at a KH or have a JW deliver them to you. You might try laundromats but that is hit or miss.

Blondie

• Beans
    Beans

Well I think Stephanous can help with some of this, he scans stuff!

http://Quotes.jehovahsWitnesses.com

Beans

• out4good3
    out4good3
    anyone know of a website that has transcripts of the latest WT & Awake?

If they did that there'd be empty kingdum halls all across the civilized world where there's unrestricted access to the internet, and those geriatrics in Brooklyn know it. They'd never be able to keep that big bank account growing if the didn't keep you a slave to their 5 meetings indoctrinating sessions a week.

There unwillingness to provide what is so-called "life's waters free" is more proof of the control the GB want to have over people.

It's all about the money!!!

• heathen
    heathen

You guys are making too much sense out of the whole thing. Why else would they not post it on their own site and complain that anyone who does is violating copywrite laws?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I've got a backlog of several KM scans I need to get up on my site. As for Awake's and Towers, it's hard enough doing a monthly update on an 8 page newsletter!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

You can check my recycle bin at my house. Lots of issues there.

• jws
    jws

www.watchtower.org, their official site has some articles, but I think that's mostly the fluff pieces, it's by no means the entire magazines. And I don't think they post the study articles, just the ones you might find at the front of the magazine. The old, look at this problem, Jehovah's Kingdom is the solution articles.

Like I've said before, it does seem odd that so much volunteer effort goes towards getting these magazines into the hands of people, yet they don't do things to make that more convenient and where they can potentially reach more people.

I might read online religious literature from various religious groups just out of curiosity to see what they believe, whereas I'd never accept literature from thos people because I don't want them pestering me. I like checking it out for myself in the privacy of my home, with no committments. You'd think if they had things online, curious people afraid of JWs might read it and get interested. I guess they have that at watchtower.org. It's just that we know it's not the whole story.

Not sure the exact problem. Some have suggested outright greed. That free online copies don't bring in money.

Maybe they're afraid somebody will alter it and reprint it to mislead. They always have been a paranoid bunch.

If they really believe it to be the truth, then why restrict it? Shouldn't ALL of the information be available as far and wide as possible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit