Should jws disfellowship those who committ incest

by badboy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

SwordofJah,

Then how come those pedophiles were "JWs in good standing" until they got busted by the Silent Lambs?

• DIM
    DIM

I can't see what point you are trying to make.

• Francois
    Francois

SwordofJah - Incest is OK as long as you keep it in the family. Try to remember that.

• Farkel
    Farkel

SwordofJah,

: Not according to the wisdom of apostates since disfellowshipping is mean and unloving. Think about that...

You must have a reading comprehension problem. It's not disfellowshipping itself that ex-dubs loathe. People who aren't even religious disfellowship others every hour of every day all over the world and have been doing it since the dawn of man. They do this by making their own personal decision not to have any contact with someone.

What we DO loathe is that the Watchtower Printing and Micromanagement Corporation has institutionalized the practice of disfellowshipping and created a whole bunch of rules about precisely what it is and how one should go about shunning. Then they go one step further to make sure it is enforced exactly how THEY demand it should be enforced: they blackmail their members by threatening them with that very same punishment if they don't do as they're told.

Let me ask you two questions, SoJ: list all the reasons in the Bible where Christians are told not to associate with anyone called a brother. Then list all the reasons the Watchtower Corporation give that would qualify one to be shunned. Compare the two lists and tell us if the WTS is following the Bible or just making up shit as they go. Next, make a list of all the Christians in the Bible who shunned their own close family members who disagreed with the version of Christianity they practiced. Your list will contain exactly ZERO entries.

Are you willing to do as I've asked, or are you just talking out of your ass again?

Farkel

• rocky220
    rocky220

uh.........just let 'hovah take care of it......... rocky220

• meadow77
    meadow77

Well said Farkel

• waiting
    waiting

I would assume he's talking up his ass again.

The Two Lists is interesting, Farkel. Why not start a thread about it? I'm at work - *thus* - supposedly working.....not

Can anyone actually list ALL the reasons from the Bible & from WT teachings & from elders making up that a jw can be disfellowshipped?

Since one can be df'd for *attitude* - that pretty much includes whatever the elders *want* to include. Be damned with the Bible!

Right before Christmas, my sil tearfully read a note to her 32 yr old son over the phone explaining why she won't have any more association with him.......since he was df'd when he was 20. NOW she won't associate with him???????

Would be guessing someone helped change her attitude finally, as she dearly loves the son. Btw, the son is happily married with two little sons, working hard & remodeling his home for his beautiful wife of over a decade. A serious sinner.

waiting

• Faraon
    Faraon

Should jws disfellowship those who committ incest?

Only if they are blessed by Jehovah such as Lot and Abraham.

You can also count the priests, since all had to be descendants from Aaron.

The only difference between Nimrod and Lot was being a Mother f+++++ and a daughter f+++++

• badboy
    badboy

Pointis,has a pagan connection,so should they disfellowship such a person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit