I am sitting next to a pedophile!

by BeelzeDub 22 Replies latest jw friends

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

A co-worker who sits across the isle from me was recently arrested for molesting a 10 year old girl. My employer has let him come back to work since he has not been convicted yet. The rest of the staff were notified by management to not talk to this guy about anything non work related.

It is really going to be hard not so say something to this slug.

What would you do if you had to sit next to a pedophile at work?

I just get sick to my stomach when I see this guy now.

Here is what the local paper printed

Police yesterday arrested a XXXXXXX man for allegedly sexually molesting a 10-year-old girl several times between 1998 and 2001.

XXXXXXXX police were alerted to the alleged abuse earlier this month and arrested XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX, 35, of XXX XX XXXXXX St., yesterday for suspicion of first-degree statutory sodomy and first-degree child molestation.

XXXXXXXXX was released from the XXXXXXX County Jail last night after posting $55,000 bond.

In a news release, police said XXXXXXXXXXX allegedly molested the 10-year-old girl at several locations between 1998 and 2001. The victim knew XXXXXXXXXXX and was left in his control during the incidents, police said.

Also yesterday an ex parte order of child protection was issued against XXXXXXXXX, restricting him from having any contact with two juveniles.

• happyout
    happyout

I don't know how you do it. I would be fired immediately for telling his sick, deviant a** off! There is no way I would pretend not to know what was going on. I don't think it's fair that your company has him sitting in the general area. I know the justice system says "innocent until proven guilty", but in this situation, can't he work from home or something? What if other people find out he's there, and try to hurt him, thereby hurting another person? Isn't that endangering the welfare of others? You poor thing, you have my TOTAL sympathy.

• out4good3
    out4good3

A secret like that could never be kept and the person not tolerated where I work. Someone would be bound to say something.

That person would almost have to be given his work to do from home.

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Gods! That is just awful. Personally, as a mom of 3 kids, ages 7 months, 6 years and 9 years, I think I would complain in writing about being seated anywhere NEAR this person. I would ask through official channels to be moved immediately.

I feel so bad for you. How creepy.

Goddess Bless.

~Witch

• Mystla
    Mystla

Ugh! This instantly brought to mind the congregation I grew up in.

I had a neighbor who was convicted of molesting his granddaughters and some of their friends (he almost got my sister and I, but that is another story) He went to jail for a little over a year, I think. His wife had studied off and on over the years and, while he was in jail, began to study regularly. He started studying before he got out, and not too long after, he was baptized. So there he was, at the KH. We always sat as far away as possible, but I was admonished not to be rude to him, as he "had repented" and of course we couldn't say anything to anyone, that would be slander. I would get sick to my stomach just seeing him walk in... then he started giving talks on in the TMS, it took everything I had not to walk out everytime he commented, let alone during a five minute talk. I was only a teen at the time, or I might have had more guts.

My mom asked the brothers about him, and they said that since all that happened before he found the truth, there wasn't anything they could do, and that we weren't to start any rumors... gag, puke, choke.

I'm glad we were able to move to another congregation, as far as I know he is still there.

I hope you don't have to put up with this perv for long, hopefully he will go to jail soon.

Mystla

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Thats why pedophiles get KILLED or worse in prison. NOBODY can stand their deeds...the lowest of the low. I definitely wouldnt SIT anywhere near them. Make a pointed point to MOVE, and do it loudly.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Mystla...maybe now is the time to write some :anonymous: letters to the "friends" at his new congregation and include any public information you can about his prior acts. They have a RIGHT to know who lurks amongst their kids. Peds cannot be cured.

• amac
    amac

Personally, I would refrain from any judgement of the person until a court conviction was made or I was made aware of intimate details.

Mystla, that is a perplexing situation to be in. However, the congregation was right, according to their belief in the scriptures, in not casting judgement on the man. I'm not sure how I would handle working or knowing of someone that was a convicted molester, I would probably be civil but aggressively avoid the person.

• Mystla
    Mystla

LovesDubs.. You are absolutly right. I thought about that while typing the above. I'm a little ashamed that I didn't think of it sooner. I'll start making a list of whom to send "anon" letters to. This guy is a creep and they all need to know it, whether they do anything about it or not.

Thanks,

Mystla

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

It was not long ago that I was enveous of this guy. He is young, good looking with a full head of hair. During work breaks the hottest single girls would be hanging out in his cubicle. This guy could have had any available women in the office. He looks like he could be a male model and all the single women would hang out in his cubicle.

I can remember walking by many times seeing the young girls and longing for the good old days.

What in the world would drive a man who could turn the heads of all the beaurtiful single women in the office to do this to a 10 y/o girl?

Sick.

I realize that he has not been convicted and that is why my employer feels obligated to let him return. I just hope it won't take long for him to go to trial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit