Were You Ever a Member of the Secret Police?

by Swan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Ven's so evil?? Nah, it's those movie star LIPS. They were merely "casting."

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I think a few nut cases got involved in this kind of "secret police" stuff but it was pretty rare in the past, and even rarer now. ( One of these guys got a gun stuck in his face which ended his interest in the whole James Bond thing.) Most reports of this kind of thing are based on pure paranoia.

I do know of one case in which elders were asked to do this kind of thing and they told the individual doing the asking to go hire a private detective if they really wanted to go that far.

Edited by - Pork Chop on 8 January 2003 22:0:56

• yumbby
    yumbby

I don't think that there is any organized sort of spy network, but I do think that many elders have such a god complex that they take it on themselves to spy and to get into business that is not theirs to get into. Just before my mom was disfellowshipped for apostasy, no one would talk to us, we were shunned, but she made me go out in field service with her everyday. No one would meet for service with us or give us territory, but she was convinced that she was being unjustly and unrighteously persucuted, so we went out anyway by ourselves in made up territory. We had elders follow us everyday. Sometimes when we got home we would have up to 15 messages from elders on the machine. They did not try to keep it a secret, they were trying to intimidate us. I was a teenager so I was plenty intimidated, but my mom, bull headed as she is wouldn't stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit