Special Needs Talks - Did You Ever Confront?

by Stephanus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Has anyone here ever had the balls to confront someone over a special needs talk that was obviously aimed at you?

• nelly1
    nelly1

i have a close freind where they all but used his name in a marking talk and everyone knew who he was :(

after they gave him the aucswitz treatment,

sorry only way to discribe it

loosers

• TheItalian
    TheItalian

I am waiting for it. It would be a symposium.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Basing this thread on a comment about how a special needs talk was centred around something someone had done, without confronting them personally first to find out the facts. This, coupled with Mac's hilarious post about how he said flatout "No!" to an elder's request that he read a scripture when he'd been obviously not paying attention, is what inspired this thread. Come on - one of you bad-arsed ex-Dubs MUST have gone up to an elder after he'd slagged you off in a special needs talk to tell him off!

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Come on - one of you bad-arsed ex-Dubs MUST have gone up to an elder after he'd slagged you off in a special needs talk to tell him off!

If a "special needs" talk was given about an individual's conduct, it usually would have been because the individual was to be "marked", or had probably been privately or publically reproved. In that case, most people would be careful not to peeve off the elder body any further, lest they decided to DF him!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Sorry to disappoint, Steph, but the 3 SN talks that were given about me, well, I knew they were coming. One of them was for smoking.

I had already been assigned a MS talk that had to do with smoking. They made me give the talk...then they did the SN part.

LOL

Craig

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

They did one about me when I was dating my soon-to-be first husband. He wasn't yet baptised. I'm sure everyone knew it was me. I took it out on the local busybody nosey nasty sister who tried to put me in my place. Everyone heard.

• SYN
    SYN
    I am waiting for it. It would be a symposium.

OMG! Too funny!

• Hancock
    Hancock

The Italian - that's a classic.

Steph,

No I didn't have the balls to - but as my offience wasn't one of the normal ones - nobody could understand what the talk was about let alone who it was aimed at. One brother did come up to me after trying to speculate about a certain brother - little knowing it was about me.

Seriously though who is that talk meant to be aimed at? Is it the miscreant or is to warn/counsel the rest of the congreagtion? I never understood that. You could have some fun though looking round, trying to spot who appeared guilty.

Hancock.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I had two or three directed at me, and every time, I just laughed it off. Most of it was about the little crew of teenagers I hung out with in the hall, and we always were getting in trouble.

It was just another excuse to have our parents harass us about collecting comic books or joining clubs in school.

Yeah, that literary club is surely demonized, brother!! I never would have known that without your brilliant Special Needs talk!

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit