Who Could You Trust in the Congregation

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

None. Period. Even those I didn't really have a relationship with, proved to be untrustworthy because they betrayed the loving ideals of the JWs. NO, NO, WAIT, Correction!!!!, They proved the "loving" image of the JW Org, was a hoax, a lie, a farce.

The next test is my family & ex. I love them & I know they love me in their own way althougth they I have a pretty good idea of my postion.. But what if I'm DF or DA, which I think is close. How will they treat me then? Not much trust there either. Sad, very, very, sad. The only person I trust is myself. Somedays, I not so sure about her either!

Oh well!!! Take care everyone

more

• happyout
    happyout

I thought I could trust a guy who had been my best friend since 6th grade, but I was wrong. He told his wife (who was not a fan of mine) and she repeated some portions of the conversation to my sister. I was able to get out of it by saying I had never spoken to her about anything, so she was basically gossiping about me, and I would not respond to it. There was a family that I could speak openly with, their brother had recently been disfellowshipped, which led their mother to disassociate herself because of the behaviour of the elders, and then the rest of the family just left. I was lucky that all this happened at about the same time that I was doing my fade, so I was not totally alone.

• ugg
    ugg

no one

• Francois
    Francois

I trusted C.B. Buddy Carlton, and James House. I could say whatever was on my mind to them. And did. Frequently.

francois

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Blimey - so maybe a nondub or fringe dweller - no one in the "in" crowd can be trusted.

Doesn't take much to put a crack in your metal when it's that cold.

paduan

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Very few, but the one I trusted then is the same one I trust now. My wife.

• JH
    JH

Those that are still active today, I wonder if they trust anybody in the org, or is it just us who left the org. that are different.

• Oreopandabear
    Oreopandabear

My childhood friend. We helped each other endure the stress of being raised a JW , and I honestly believe that if it were not for her I would have never survived the abuse from my step-dad. She helped me keep my sanity, comforted me, supported me, protected me. She left the borg a few years after I did. Despite this, she ended our 25 year friendship when she went back to the borg and I refused to join her. I miss her terribly. Oreo

• onthego
    onthego

There is zero trust in congregations where wire tapping occurs to hide criminal activities. And since the policy is pushed onto all below Brooklyn, it is growing by the day. Trying to justify it by saying there's much more good than bad that comes of it is baloney.

Edited by - onthego on 6 January 2003 20:32:38

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

For awhile I thought I knew two people I could trust... I told them about my doubts, even became intimate with the one who was a woman. Sadly, they ratted me out too. She had a sudden case of "guilt"... then after being run through the JC, she left the bOrg too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit