One reason I know it's not the truth.

by BeelzeDub 6 Replies latest jw friends

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

I can remember how the WT always claimed that the bible could be trusted as gods word because the bible writers were so honest and candid about their own mistakes and did not try to hide them.

Can the same be said of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witneses?

If I were to join the YMCA for no other reason to have access to the pool, I would be disfellowshiped. Cast out, not deserving of everlasting life.

If the JW leaders join the UN for no other reason to get a library card, then they are just imperfect men, give them a break.

I continue to hear of more and more reports of publishers who submit their letter of dissasociation after finding out about the UN scandal. There have been many DA letters that document the WT association with the UN as a reason for them leaving. Certainly the governing body is aware of this trend. What is their response? NOTHING! NO CONFESSION, NO REPENTENCE, NO REMORSE, NO HUMILITY, NO WRITTEN APOLOGY to the sheep they may stumble, NOTHING!

If these men were truly of God, they would take to heart the words of Jesus at Mathew 18:6 "But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who put faith in me, it is more beneficial for him to have hung around his neck a millstone such as is turned by an ass and to be sunk in the wide, open sea."

If we can trust the bible is gods word based on the open and honest record of mistakes by those who wrote it, that same standard convicts these self proclaimed sons of god as being NOT from god at all.

• shera
    shera

I agree.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Good point. I go thru these things the GB does , and it all seems so silly to me now. The double standards, infuriate me.

I don't know what the real truth about God, the bible , life ,death or any of those things really are.

But I agree , I know one thing,,, I know that the WT, is not God's channel.

When I first decided that I could no longer , nor did I want to , live up to all of their rules and standards,,,,,, I still wondered if it was the "truth". After a year,,,,,,,, I know they have done everything possible to put burdens on people , people who , are trying to please God. Just like in the days of Jesus.......... the WT and their leaders,,,,,,,, are just like the Pharisees.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Excellent point!

I'll remember that one when the elders make their rounds with the CO on their shepharding calls. (I wrote a letter requesting to step-down as a MS). I can state this as a reason for my spiritual "weakness".

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "NOT" Exerting Vigorously)

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

The subject should read One MORE reason Why I know its not the truth.

• minimus
    minimus

The Governing Body has the stumbling problem under control. If you get stumbled by these "holy ones", then, you stumbled YOURSELF out of the "truth". Remember those that didn't wait for a proper explanation from Jesus? They were stumbled by Jesus' words. So Jesus stumbled them but it wasn't his fault. So if people get stumbled over something that they didn't quite understand, it's their own fault. And if you find fault with the Governing Body, it's the same as finding fault with God.

• heathen
    heathen

I think they should maybe put a disclaimer on all their publications .You had a good point that these people never apologize to the congregation but they do often ask forgiveness in prayer. Jesus also said let he that would be great among you also be the least .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit