LittleToe's Travels IV (December)

by LittleToe 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This is a continuation of three previous threads:
    September
    October
    November

December was a curious month. It has been nearly a year, since I left the JW's and it appears that the local body of elders have finally managed to undo most of my hard work, from the last of my remaining months in their ranks.

First of all, I found out that my dad was taken off as an Elder. I guess I should be glad, but to be honest, he was the last decent elder the congregation had.
    I had proposed him for recommendation, during the year before I left, and finally got him reappointed after several years of being knocked back.
    I'm not sure if they removed him for what I did, for my brothers marriage, or my sisters drifting. I suspect it may be for all of the above - so much for the sins of the son not being brought upon the father.

I should probably add, for background, that my brothergot taken of as a Ministerial Servant, shortly after I DA'ed, too. Mark you, that was his own fault, although any excuse would have done by this point. He married a lass that he had started courting / "Studying" with, about six months earlier. Since she has yet to get baptised (and I sincerely hope that she never will), that was his "priviledges" out of the window. I had proposed him, too, for recommendation, some time back.
    They are expecting their first child, in April, a year after they married.
    Another "marriage in haste". I hope it works out for him.

Finally I hear that they have Disfellowshipped my sister.
    She had been disfellowshipped about seven years ago, and struggled to get reinstated for about two years, before they finally let her broken ass back in. To my shame, I shunned her for that entire period.
    She went back to meetings for about 2 weeks, after being reinstated, disillusioned. Her reinstatement made little difference to how she was treated.

So, she was out of contact (inactive) for 5 years, and yet still they pursued her over 250 miles, to DF her. In my final weeks, as an Elder, I managed to make them look pretty silly, for pursuing her. Alledgedly they put her on the "Abeyance" list, but apparently that can now be revoked on a whim. Sadly, for my family, they have finally achieved it - a law unto themselves.
    Ah, well. My little nephew is a darling

I can only hope that they will all see the light!

My wife has yet to tell me about my dad and sister. Boy is she going to get it, when she finally condescends to break the news to me. It's been weeks, and still she's said nothing. In fact, if it wasn't for my sisters contact with me, I wouldn't have found out at all.
    It seems that she is quite happy to tell me about parties and weddings that she's been invited to, as well as the funerals of some of my old friends. There seems to be a pattern. If it wasn't so obvious, it'd hurt...
    ...ok, ok, it'd hurt more.

So, finally comes the festive season. The guys in the office let me put up the office tree, since they hate the job, and I couldn't put one up at home. I was like a kid in a candy store, with tinsel and baubles, and a cute little angel
    The day itself was quiet - at home, with the Pioneer wife. I couldn't help but jibe her about not going out on the Ministry, when she normally would have done, on a Wednesday

The New Year was a different matter, however. In Scotland it is a bigger celebration than Xmas and bonfire night combined. We had a local fireworks display, before I headed off to spend the evening with a few friends (my wife decided to spend a few days with her family). I finally got to sleep about 5am, after first-footing a few houses with my fiddle, so it was a bit if a quiet one really

So, I'll end this note with a 2003 wish, that it may be better than the last, for one and all.

Edited by - LittleToe on 6 January 2003 16:38:52

• Beans
    Beans

I can't wait for the January edition now Jimmy! I hope you can mend this all back together man!

Perhaps the elders would like a Glasgow kiss!

What do you call a Scottish guy who has lost his dog? Douglas!

Why do they have double payned windies in Aberdeen? So the kids don't hear the ice cream truck!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Edited by - Beans on 6 January 2003 17:9:54

• ugg
    ugg

all of this is just so awful!!! little toe,,,you must be strong mentally....the power the organization has to create so much pain will never stop amazing me....shudder!!!!!! ((((((((( little toe )))))))))

• termite 35
    termite 35

Little Toe; I'm so glad you still sound positive while all this is happening to you.

I'm glad your sisters are out and I hope your dad soon follows...

You must be under a lot of stress at the moment, and I hope that there's some kind of outcome for you and your wife, hopefully a positive one. Pride plays a large part for those still in sometimes, when the ships' sinking they still cling on in desperation. I hope your wife will eventually get in to the lifeboat with you...

Take care of yourself and email me anytime

Termite xx

• RR
    RR

Um, isn't that "the sins of the fathers"?

'The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation.' Nu 14:18
    RR
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

WOW, LT you do have such a positive outlook, it is inspiring!

I hope your next year will bring more happiness than heartache.

Hugs,

j2bf

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks ugg, termite, Joy.

Beans:
    Sad jokes, man - LOL.
    Unless January and February contain something of interest, I doubt I shall continue this.
    March should have something to report, though - watch this space

RR:
    Actually I had in mind Deut.24:16:

Deu 24:16

"Fathers should not be put to death on account of children, and children should not be put to death on account of fathers. Each one should be put to death for his own sin.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi LT

I'm glad some of your family are freeing themselves, but of course it does involve a lot of heartache.

Blessings to you for 2003! May it be a better year than the last.

Sirona

• Matty
    Matty

Thank you for the update, your positivity really inspires us all!

The bit in 1st Timothy that goes "a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner, having children in subjection with all seriousness" is often used to remove Elders, because it's interpretation can be quite subjective. At the end of the day if a Presiding Overseer wants someone out, he'll get him out by hook or by crook and any scripture can be nicely twisted to provide a reason.

• Hancock
    Hancock

Hey LT I really feel for you. But surely you must be glad that you are at least getting some of the family out?

Re your wife I can understand what's she's up to. I'm in the same boat as you - but there's been a lot more drama in your life. Mine is exactly the same - any negative news re the Truth is automatically surpressed - no matter what it is. I think its a kind of defence mechanism. How long have you been out? What was her reaction and has it changed? Any advice glady appreciated.

Hancock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit