Colored Shirts?

by Marcos 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Colored Skirts you said

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Only time I had a problem with shirt color, was when I was wearing black shirts to much and just kind of never wore anything else. Funny, now that I am no longer a JW, I wear a lot of black again.

Edited by - whyhideit on 6 January 2003 20:3:47

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

How about no casual sporty look on the platform! WT.readers had to wear wall street suits,no brown pants ,yellow shirts or plaid jackets.No calling for prayer some one not wearing a straight suit.

What about the man who just walked in wearing a long robe and long hair and beard and goes by the name of Jesus.No priviledges for you ,your a bad example.Who do you think you are coming in here looking like that! Go get a hair cut and a shave and put a suit on will ya!

Blueblades

• mouthy
    mouthy

Blueblades THATS funny!!!

• email
    email

I always used GQ (Gentelmans Quarterly) Magazine to dictate the things I should wear

• yumbby
    yumbby

Our area was really strict about dress codes. My husband newly baptized and very poor was told he couldn't give a talk until he had a real suit. He wore really nice dress pants with a suit jacket but I guess that didn't cut it. My friend was reproved twice for wearing odd suits. He loved the old 70's paisley stuff, green suits and stripped pants. He was denied Ministerial servant because of it. He was a regular pioneer for years regularly put in 120 hours. Thankfully, he's come over to our side! OH, and colored shirts are still a no no in these halls.

• undercover
    undercover

I knew a MS that got in trouble for wearing "flared" dress pants on an assembly part back in the early 70s. They weren't bell bottoms, just in style for that time. I guess he was the only brother that year to buy a new suit for his part.

When I was an MS I called on the carpet more than once for grooming. Hair cut not conservative enough. Ties being too loud in color or Bugs Bunny wasn't appropriate. Rock star designer ties are bad influence on the younger ones. "Why do you wear such dark colors all the time?" "You look like a mobster in that suit and overcoat." I actually took those things as compliments. It meant that my fashion sense was working pretty good or at least better than most at the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit