Fornication or loving intimacy???

by Raisputin 15 Replies latest social relationships

• Raisputin
    Raisputin

So, my question is (and I am posting this on the other board as well for any that know me there).

What is the difference between "fornication" and "loving intimacy"? By loving intimacy, yes I am still talking about sex, but I am speaking of sex between two people that care about each other and are in a relationship of some sort as opposed to a one-night stand....

For me the difference would be:

"Fornication": 1 night stand
    "loving intimacy": sex between two people that are in a relationship

Now, personally I do not like one-night stands, so I avoid them, but as I said, I see nothing wrong with sex between two people that genuinely care about one another and are in a relationship...

JWs, non-JWs, ex-JWs, what is YOUR opinion on the matter?

I AM
    -Rais (The Darkness and The Light)

• SYN
    SYN

Why bother with the distinction? There's not enough love in the world, so just get out there and get some! (Safely!)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Better one night of love and passion than an empty marriage, i say.

SS

• Raisputin
    Raisputin

LOL SYN...

Seriously, it actually *does* matter to me in regards to the woman that I have been seeing. To me it's all good really....I only have about 5 things that I won't consider sexually...heh

It is just odd to me that she would consider it 'fornication' when we are in a relationship, where I wouldn't consider it 'fornication' (sex without being married) since we were in a committed relationship. I can say that because my ex-wife and I were never legally 'married', but were together for 9 1/2 years, and as long as you are committed to the other person, IMO anyway, it cannot be considered fornication...just my opinion..

Yes, the dictionary (Dictionary.com gives the definition of fornication as (bear with me here)

fornication
    in every form of it was sternly condemned by the Mosaic law (Lev. 21:9[This relates to prostitution]; 19:29[This also relates to prostitution];
    Deut. 22:20[This relates to a non-virgin wife], 21[As does this, where she has been promiscuous while in her father's house, which I can say that my girlfriend has not been in her fathers house since she was 16, so it also does not apply], 23-29[This relates to sleeping with one who is betrothed and raping her....not cool]; 23:18[This relates to paying a vow to the LORD with money from a prostitute]; Ex. 22:16[And this relates to seducing a virgin that is not betrothed and then being made to marry her]). (See ADULTERY.)

So, having went through all that I see not fornication in the biblical sense. In fact none of these apply to two people who are in a relationship with each other and have feelings for each other. Let's go on.....

But this word is more frequently used in a symbolical than in its ordinary sense. It frequently
    means a forsaking of God or a following after idols (Isa. 1:2[This refers to rebelling against the LORD]; Jer. 2:20[Again we refer to being a prostitute]; Ezek.16[Again we talk about prostitution]; Hos. 1:2[here we talk about adultery against The LORD by departing from the LORD]; 2:1-5[And here we speak of a wife that has committed adultery against her husband]; Jer. 3:8[Here we speak of the land of Israel],9[And finally here we talk about the people forsaking the law of The LORD]).

Well, it just gets more interesting when you look at the passages quoted from dictionary.com and as to how they relate to fornicaton....In other words, it would appear that sex between two that are in a relationship is allowed, as it does not specifically speak against it. It does however speak against Prostitution, Rape and the forsaking of God. So some kind Christian (or preferrably a JW) show me where I am incorrect. One thing I will insist on however is if you are to quote scripture, that you quote it in context....as any one of the above can mean fornication in the sense that we are all used to the term meaning until it is quoted in context, at which time we learn that it does not mean in the quoted verses what we have been taught it means.

I AM
    -Rais (The Darkness and The Light)

• SYN
    SYN

Dude, things start getting really twisted when you base your sexuality on the Bible. They just really get out of hand in that book, no pun intended.

Just remember this, the difference between a kink and a fetish is the difference between using a feather or the whole chicken. SO, take it easy!

• nita6368
    nita6368

I agree with SS and Syn..(I think)

I don't think Sex and Love go together in the same context. Sex is sex and Love is love. You can love someone you don't have sex with. You can have sex with someone you don't love. Just because you are having sex with someone you love doesn't make it intitmate. Sex has always been taboo and religions try and make it not so by saying it is ok and beautiful if you are married , in a loving committed relationship. But what it all boils down to is sex is sex. Human function, reproductive function. Can be beautiful, might not be.

• thegentleman
    thegentleman

I agree with Nita... Love is more of an emotional connection whereas sex in and of itself is more likely to be a physical connection.. Sex can be meaningless depending upon the "relationship"..I honestly love this JW girl I know, but I don't want to have sex with her, I want to make love to her.. Now that's the difference

• Raisputin
    Raisputin

For me it's all good...I am all for just having sex for the sake of pleasuring whoever I may be with and myself...for FUN so to speak....BUT...I asked this question here because the JW gf is suddenly saying this is a BIG problem where it was not a scant few days ago, so I guess I was trying to get the JW take on it more than anything...LOL

I admittedly don't typically go out and just have sex with someone I meet, but that is just me, there is *usually* some type of connection there...not always, but 99% of the time...

I just cannot figure out what changed with her so suddenly.....and am trying to explain it to myself I guess....Maybe it is just that the JW Cult has twisted her brain up so much that I am twisting myself to try and work within her little world of JW B.S. F**K I dunno....

I don't even read the Bible...I just used it last night because I figured some JW would get on this thread and cite some Bible verse, so I figured I better do it first :) Sex is physical....I find it personally "better" when I care about my partner, but hey, that's just me.....

I titled the thread as I did to show a difference between "just going out and having sex with random people (so to speak)" and having sex with someone you are involved with...perhaps my choice of words was not so good.

Rais

• Raisputin
    Raisputin

Oh, I want to add that all but one instance of sex with my (now apparently ex) gf was her initiating it, her "attacking me" so to speak (which trust me I DO NOT mind at all >:) )...just a very odd change overnight

• shera
    shera

Hi and welcome...

It must have been in the back of her mind to go back to the KH.It was kind of cruel on her part to be leading you on...well thats what it seems to me.Sad to say,its better for you to try to get a relationship with someone out of the org.

I hope this site offers you some help and understanding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit