Witness Wedding Update

by LB 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

My wife attended our young friends wedding last night. This is the one where I was uninvited after she learned I had DAed myself.

She went with a recently reinstated friend that we really like. Since being reinstated our friend feels that people are still being very unkind to her. Sitting in judgement and all that. So by my wife going with her it sort of made a point I hope.

Anyway only a couple of people had silly comments to make. One started off by telling her that meeting times have been changed and before he could continue Jill laughed in his face. She said "why would you think I would care about that for crying out loud" and laughed again. Another person said "you know I'll always be your friend". Again Jill laughed and told her "if you are my friend why haven't you called me in two years?"

It's nice to see my meek little wife has grown a backbone. Maybe all these years with me have paid off finally?

But the rest of the evening was spent chitchatting with old friends that were very nice. She actually enjoyed herself. She also feels so sorry for the younger ones. So many of them look very unhappy.

Oh and when anyone asked how I was doing her standard reply was "Al is doing great, he has never been happier" and then she'd brag about something I have done since leaving.

• ugg
    ugg

i give her credit....there is nothing that would make me go to a witness function...

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

LB

It is said "The best revenge is to live well"

So your Mrs did good to stand up for you...I like that woman!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LB......I know the feeling. Thank god (or the great cheesedoodle) for wives that come around.

Mine was very upset when I stopped attending meetings, and when she saw the mass betrayal of us by EVERY SINGLE ONE of our friends, it only took her a little time to make up her mind that she never wanted to be associated with the JWs again.

That's great that she stood up for herself.

ash

• Mary
    Mary

LB said: Oh and when anyone asked how I was doing her standard reply was "Al is doing great, he has never been happier" and then she'd brag about something I have done since leaving..."

LB, that is the BEST thing in the world for her to say!! Nothing pisses off faithful JWs more, than when someone "who went out from amongst us" is happier, more productive and at peace with themselves, than when they were still part of the Borg. After all, doesn't the bible talk about us horrible apostates "returning to their vomit"??? I absolutely love it!!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I was wondering what that beaming light was all about as I looked out west.

It was You!! what a gal you've got there!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit